next indiana gtg?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

best time for gtg?

• January

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Febuary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • As soon as possible

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

breymeyerfam

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
when and where is the next indiana gtg? If none was planned I would be willing to volunteer for the next site. I could probably drag up a few logs, got 500 acres standing timber to chose from... 47918 zip.

Put a date on it and I will put it on the calendar. It is under 600 miles so I will do it

Bill

I am always game.

Whats for dinner? LOL
Can you have a big jug of sassafras tea? And some persimmon pudding.. LOL
You have it we will come..
I have a new small saw that I want to see how bad my butt gets handed to me.

March good? or sooner? anytime is good for me. pm me with suggestoins for a date and i'll average them out and shoot for that.

I was thinking

Colder weather venue.. Maybe frozen ground.. I will say Indiana you can never be guaranteed when ground will be frozen for sure.,.

Colder weather venue.. Maybe frozen ground.. I will say Indiana you can never be guaranteed when ground will be frozen for sure.,.

If your worried about mud, it is not going to be a problem even if not frozen, ground is pretty sandy here. be cuttin in a grass field not a worked field. I will try to post a couple pics tomorrow of what I got to cut. as for dinner. I guess I could get out the cast iron pot and throw on a pot of ham and beans.

Mud would not bother me. I would be bothered more by bitter arse cold and wind.

Bill

I could do two, one sooner like early january for the boys that like playin in the cold and one mid march for warmer weather. opinions?

What town are you at/near?? I'd be willing to go to another one, I'll make sure I get there early this time. I'd rather do it now or when the snow is on the ground, I hate mud. I do most of my cutting during the winter months anyhow so I'd be up for the dead of winter months:cheers:

Back