Next season I'm doin it different!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kansas

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My HotBlast furnace that is!

This year I am for sure gettin it done. I am sick of gettin on my knees every morning to clean the ashes out of it, my knees are not what they used to be.

As soon as I am done with it for heat, I am building a stand to raise it off the floor at least a couple feet (one section of pipe) so I can stand while I clean it.

Anybody that has one of these knows what I am talking about its a great stove but way to low for an old fart if you just set it on concrete. :)

Kansas

My Daka has a slide in ash tray. Very convenient and it fits right in a 5 gallon pail so just tip it in. I do have my furnace up off the floor and I believe it might promote better air circulation. Or maybe not, but since it's in the basement atleast water won't be an issue.

Im planning on doing this to my woodstove in the house someday. Getting on your knees to load and clean it out is just wrong.

pray brother ,pray

While your down there ,ask God to give you better knees.......just kiddin...i have a bad case of the Kneesels myself,torn ACL,and old age.If you an raise it up ,good deal.Dont think my insert will

While your down there ,ask God to give you better knees.......just kiddin...i have a bad case of the Kneesels myself,torn ACL,and old age.If you an raise it up ,good deal.Dont think my insert will

LOL yeah good idea! I say other things too he probly will take into consideration later haha while I struggle to stand up some mornings. :)

Still using the stove it got back into the teens I am going to have to split wood if it keeps up. I will post a pic here when I get it raised maybe the idea will help someone like us with bad knees.

Kansas

Im planning on doing this to my woodstove in the house someday. Getting on your knees to load and clean it out is just wrong.

Yup its hard enough with the cold messing with us asking your body to do that too is just wrong like you said! Good luck with your project.

Kansas

Latest posts

Back