NIB MS440 Value?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Neb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We have a dealer here locally that still has one on his shelf and was just wondering whether I should add it to my growing menagerie of saws.

Seems like his price might be a bit steep but I might be able to talk him down a bit if I knew what they sold for.

Thanks.

700 would be a good price.:greenchainsaw:

700 is a very good price,,,, I priced three this week from dealers 1/2 ways accross TX for a friend and they ranged from 719.00 - 769.00 and one was in between the 2???? all had to do with what bar was on them up to 28"

Last edited:
Guy told me today he had a mcCulla(not spelled right) that was a super3300, and I guess it hadn't been run but about 3 times. Any body interested, he said he would sell it.

Since I sold my NIB 440 to cover my propane bill I called the local ACE Hardware Friday to find me another one. Supposely there are 3 in the Chicago area and price was $699 with 16in bar.

My next thought after that was might as well buy a 7900.

Brian

my local dealer was 689 with a 20 bar and two chains plus tax.

Any more than that, buy the 7900

My cousin bought his for 650 out the door bout a year ago with a 20" bar. I was watching one on ebay powerhead only for 640.02 nib so i guess 700 for a 440w/20" isnt all that bad. Good luck

one of my dealers has one for $630 PHO or $680 with a 25" bar..these are w/o tax...i get decent deals from these guys(or so i think). and they will also swap out parts when bought new for the price difference in parts(dual port mufflers, spikes and roller chain catchers)

Last edited:
Soon.... they wll be priceless...

Yup. Love mine. A few dollars +/- don't mean squat to get one of those. I lucked into a NOS one at my dealer. Couldn't tell you what I paid off hand. Couldn't care less. Just glad I got it when I could. I can't believe they aren't getting a premium for the few new ones out there. I'da paid it. Did I mention I love mine? Just get it.

Last edited:
Found one for under the $700.00 mark. Included 25" bar/chain, case and tax.

I guess I should be boxing it up and putting it on the shelf, but I do enjoy running it.

Latest posts

Back