NIB MS440 Value?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New 440 11-2007 $729.95

Soon.... they will be priceless...

I gave $729.95 for mine last November with a 20" bar/chain. They had a promo-deal going with a free hat, case, & spare chain.

All I've done so far is add the dual-port 460 cover to it and fondle / ogle it periodically... The saw has never been fueled or started, and the plan is to save it for my museum. :dizzy:

This thread reminds me I need to get a 260 Pro to keep it company. Gee thanks!

The look on the kids' faces when they find out their inheritance is tied up in new/old STIHL saws: Priceless!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Hmmm, whilst waiting around for a friend to get done in the saw shop, I noticed that all of their prices seem to be a bit lower than those mentioned here, and that is the rumor in the woods too that they have the lower prices. As mentioned before, they ran an advertised by word of mouth sale last summer on 440s. The guy said it was to make room for the 441s.
I got one for work and one for home. $609 with a 20 inch bar but I upgraded to a 28". They were out of full wrap handles. You have to add sales tax which I am not sure what it is on that price. By September, they had sold out.

so that added to the price that was already paid for the item a year old?

BS

Were talkin about a brand new saw thats on the shelf doesnt matter if its been sittin there 1 year w/ a warranty. The local dealer hear wants $810 for a 441 plus another $64 tax on top of that . For that kind of money would rather find a basket case 084 & do a complete on it .

The 440 wasn't even on the price list this year, so it couldn't have "gone up" on Jan 1st! Also.. we (PNW) didn't see any increase in the 441 and bigger.

A dealer can sell at any price they like.. the S in msrp is "suggested".

Last edited:
Hmmm, whilst waiting around for a friend to get done in the saw shop, I noticed that all of their prices seem to be a bit lower than those mentioned here, and that is the rumor in the woods too that they have the lower prices. As mentioned before, they ran an advertised by word of mouth sale last summer on 440s. The guy said it was to make room for the 441s.
I got one for work and one for home. $609 with a 20 inch bar but I upgraded to a 28". They were out of full wrap handles. You have to add sales tax which I am not sure what it is on that price. By September, they had sold out.

I hear ya slowp,,, but remember due to the shear volume of saws sold in PNW, you guys are historically able to get a better price break than the rest of the country,,,,,

Purely due to the numbers of units sold by Stihl NW,,,,,

The 440 wasn't even on the price list this year, so it couldn't have "gone up" on Jan 1st! Also.. we (PNW) didn't see any increase in the 441 and bigger.

A dealer can sell at any price they like.. the S in msrp is "suggested".

Around here the dealer I use pretty much has a corner on the market & he knows it. High rent & expenses keep any new shops from poping up so its pay to play. You want it then it hand it over. The pros dont seem to mind much because they know there losing $125.00 standing there talkin to you when they could be out in the field charging bend over prices. Home owner types have no idea whats going on & will gladly pay the extra $10.00 to have the new chain they've just purchased installed that or .45 cents per tooth for sharpening. Some of them would'nt know how to adjust a chian if there life depended on it but they can crunch the numbers for the latest weapons defence system so its all good.

You go Andy!!!!!

na na na na na:greenchainsaw:

Ive been here,,,, and guess what?????

attachment.php

I am coming back!!!!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

You talkin bout that guy that needs to tidy his workbench?:monkey: :popcorn:

What old bird is in the Pic?

No, no, the middle pic.:)

Who's that old bird in the bottom pic that seems to be groweling at the camera,LOLOLOL

Lake ya gotta cheer up man, it could be worse, that saw your fixing there could be solid orange,haha. Lord I hate to see the look on your face then,LOLOL

Latest posts

Back