Nice Ash Score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodcutteranon

I stack wood on top of wood
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
A farmer friend of mine called me at work and said the Township had cut up some of his ash trees that were in the right-of-way. They took the extra step to cut all the logs into firewood length and left them by the side of the road. He said if the logs are still there I can have them! I anxiously drove home and fired up the old Ford. This stash was less than a half mile from my house...on this desolate country road....prime ground for wood snipers who would beat me to it. I came over the rise in the road and...cue the haleleuia choir...there they were! I got two enormously overside loads out of this score! All ash...gotta love it. I got the first load in complete darkness so I don't have a picture of it. The picture below of my truck is load #2. Load #1 is on the ground in the other pics.

I normally take my toolbox out for hauling wood but since this ash score was just down the road from me I didn't bother
attachment.php

I can't wait to get the Fiskars SS into this stuff. The pile on the ground was load #1 that I did in the dark.
attachment.php

The split cherry in the background was compliments of my Fiskars SS. My first good workout with it. I had a blast.
attachment.php

Nice load of wood you got there............im not a ford man but thats one nice truck and looks solid for being in ohio

Yup, very nice wood score. And I agree that truck is too nice to haul wood with.

And I am not a ford man.....:biggrinbounce2:

Nice score .. ya almost laugh splitting the stuff 'cause it pops apart so easy.

Back