nice warm fire!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwinch53

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This evening in the thumb of mi. is about 28 degrees and i have my wood furnace lit and enjoying the wonderful warmth of wood heat...it is great and very cozy...all the hard work of cutting splitting and now i am just sitting back this evening with my better half. wow....anyone else doing the same? DW :)

It's in the 50's here and I'm about to light a fire. The house was kinda stuffy so I opened some windows and forgot about it. Came in and the house is 59. Oops!

We haven't been burning regularly yet, it gets cold for a few days then heats up for a few.

Enjoy that fire! That's the best part of this whole wood game. I like enjoying it with a Porter.
Dok

Always

propanefountain4uu1.gif

Low 30's here and headed for the high 20's.

Fire is just a blaze'n. 71 deg. F in the house right now. Hope to warm the house a couple of more degrees before bedtime.

I enjoy the fire too but,and I was going to start a thread about this,Im kinda sad to see my wood pile start to get taken apart even if it is keeping me warm. :cry:

It's only 18 degrees here, so I'm definitely lit up. Just brought in the nights wood. Temps are supposed to be in the teens every night this week, with the highs not getting out of the 30's.

21*F here

It got to 18F last night and it's 21F now. Loaded the OWB a couple hours ago with first entirely hardwood (oak and shagbark hickory) load. Will be interested to see how it compares to he pine, green maple, sasafrass, and birch I've used thus far. The nice thing is, I've been burning for 2 months now (heat and DHW) and tonight is the first time I've dipped into the good stuff. Stay toasty.:clap:

Been burning regularly for about a week or so, I have a hard time getting the house over 70, I think its a distribution problem.

My wood stove has been running for the past week. The temps have been in the teens at night and only in the mid 30s during the day, so you can bet that I will be burning as much wood as I need to keep my house warm.

my fire chief wood/coal furnace...full of ash and burning nice..73 inside ahhhh just rite..DW :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
I've been burning a bit of wood or hard coal depending upon how cold it is. If daytime temps are above about 40F, the coal makes too much heat. At the hunting camp this past weekend I had the Fisher wood stove makin' some wonderful heat while it was cool and rainy outside in central Pa.

This weekend it'll be the under construction new house with wood for heat, and its cold in the mountains of southern Va right now. I love to watch the flames dance in that Quadrafire steptop.

32 outside here in middle tn. last night got down to 18 not that cold tonight got the clayton fired up 78 in house right now man that hickory i scored is the bomb:cheers:

Latest posts

Back