nikasiled jugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
who was the person that used to race bikes--and said he knew of a company that nikasiled jugs--for reasonable

Don't know, but I think it happened in about 1966.

As far as I know, the first saw model with Nikasil coated cylinder was the Jreds 621 (1970).

Yes I know of a place

who was the person that used to race bikes--and said he knew of a company that nikasiled jugs--for reasonable

you need to do all of your port work before you send it and make sure you send the piston you intend to use with your cylinder,,,,,

http://www.usnicom.com/

Robbie Melinium told me they cannot do it with a cylinder that the head is not removeable,,, but US Chrome can

River,,,

Last edited:
If I was going that far, I'd send in a new piston, OEM. It would have to be a rare or real expensive cylinder to justify the $$$ though...

my buddy works at millenium...thats why i said that...they have done work for me in the past and i have been very happy...no chainsaw stuff tho

my buddy works at millenium...thats why i said that...they have done work for me in the past and i have been very happy...no chainsaw stuff tho

Yes they do excellent work,,,,

US does all of our Drag Boat motors and they also are very good,,,
Lake is right tho it would need to be a large bore cylinder or rare/exotic race motor worth over 200.00 to justify because it cost 175+ shipping

They were about $120 two years ago.. your guy must have had old stock.. or (as is common) used the old price.. Some of it we can blame on the $US/EURO... but that doesn't help. Sure would be nice to get a really good aftermarket piston. Heck, I'd pay $70 for one that was OEM equivalent... (how hard can it be??) but I'm not paying $34 for those available right now..

So here is my deal,,,,,,,

MSRP - $147 for the piston.. $336 for the P&C...

BTW - the 088 piston is "only" about $120!

Ive got lots of 066 parts,,,, Ive got a jug that I salvaged from a leaned out saw that had a cracked case,,,, The jug is not perfect (has a few vertical lines but shoud run since I honed it) I'm currently doing my first true woods port job,,,when I get through and I intend to use a quality aftermarket piston as I have two 066's running with them now one that was built up by Dean @ WHS stage I mod, and one I did myself, both saws running dual ports set abut 13K ,,,And Im telling you guys we pound on both of them saws flush
cutting some very large stumps and falling and bucking some average 36-48"dbh stuff we don't baby them by anymeans, and so far teh are holding up well the whs saw hands down out cuts the muff modded stock 066,,,,

after I finish my mods i intend to finish the build with ANOTHER aftermarket piston,,,,,, just like whats in the other two saws and if it makes through A tank of fuel Im planning on pulling it down and sending it to US Chrome and give it a go,,,,,,,, I buy pistons 10 @ a time so I get them at a fair price,
I dont have much invested in the jug itself actually and I know I will loose some compression, the way it is now,,,,, and If it breaks I wont feel near as bad as I would if I did it to a OEM P/C Kit............. but if it runs like it should and lives through the test,,,, then if I get it replated,,,,,, I just happen to have a couple of OEM pistons Ive been savin,,,,,,,, I know how much better it will run and last because we run their work @ rpms not far below what we run in the saws in 2.5 Liter drag boat motos pretty regular ,,,,,,,,

I guess yall think ole River has slipped is noodle huh?????:rockn: :rockn: :rockn:

Last edited:
that is just insane....
ill tell ya thats insane also--you can buy a new set of pistons for a small block chevy or ford for 80 clams---8 pistons for 80--1 piston for 120---I N S A N E !!!!!!!! i wonder if we can find somone with a cnc machine to cut pistons out of solid billet--probably be cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back