Nitro Methane fuels

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it also amazes me how some people know everything there ever was, is, or will be about motors, and have an uncanny, almost supernatural ability to expertly diagnose any problem and get it exactly right, without the need to even look at it. these folks also can store volumes of technical data in their heads, and can bring up thousands of similar scenarios they have experienced for comparison to your particular quandry. they are always right, no matter what. if ya don't believe me, just ask 'em. for those, there is a new pill out- EGOAGRA

Ben,
Back to your first question. I use a blend of additives that are designed to enhance the nitro in the mix. Although, I do not use Alky for a base for several reasons. First is alky wins one weekend and then runs bad the next. It as a fuel base can be very tricky to dial in. Those who have found the majic formula pay $25 a gal then another $15 a gal to flush it out.

As far as running my fuel mix against another I would look forward to it because then there can be some learning gained by both.

I use a blend of additives that are designed to enhance the nitro in the mix. Although, I do not use Alky for a base for several reasons. First is alky wins one weekend and then runs bad the next. It as a fuel base can be very tricky to dial in. Those who have found the majic formula pay $25 a gal then another $15 a gal to flush it out.
I agree with you on alcohol. Another bad point about its use is transitional engine response stinks. Althoug this is less of a issue with a saw.
As far as nitro goes. Its interesting to hear you are mixing it with gasoline. Nitro normaly cant be mixed with gas. Are you using a blending agent.

For those who don't know there is are several differences between gas from the pump and a true racing fuel (You can look in past threads about this). I'm sorry but I don't want to say what I am blending with the fuel and type of nitro used. There are several reasons for this. I would feel bad if someone ran a mix similar to mine and blew the bottom out of their saw. Also, because of the way I mix fuel it knocks the total run time of the saw down to well below a min. I know at lighter mixes if you run the saw hard for 12 or more sec. it has the ability to burn up the saw. Even in a true stock saw that has been re adjusted to handle the mix still has a fairly low run time.

As far as transitions in the cut we can't let off on the saw but have to be quick so that the saw does not over rev and blow

Latest posts

Back