no luck finding insurance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great Feller

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm one step away from getting my business going.... I need liability insurance. Once I get that I'm ready to advertise. Like I've said,,, I'll be doing timber sale preperation, timber stand improvement, herbicide application, tree felling/trimming, selling firewood, and nuisance wildlife control trapping. The small hometown insurance companies are a waste of my time. Most are like,,,, what's forest consulting??? Time to hang up the phone when they say that.

Where do you guys get your insurance?.... or is that top secret??? Thanks

search the posts for insurance and you will see a lot of info when I was doing my search and found my insurance.

Tell them you want a policy for tree trimming and removal. See what it covers. When you find out what it doesn't cover get a writer on that.

Scott

I'm one step away from getting my business going.... I need liability insurance. Once I get that I'm ready to advertise. Like I've said,,, I'll be doing timber sale preperation, timber stand improvement, herbicide application, tree felling/trimming, selling firewood, and nuisance wildlife control trapping. The small hometown insurance companies are a waste of my time. Most are like,,,, what's forest consulting??? Time to hang up the phone when they say that.

Where do you guys get your insurance?.... or is that top secret??? Thanks

try going to an insurance agent !!!! not for nothing,, they might be able to help you out.... a lot more than asking here ... and shop around. get more than 1 quote before you buy...

This is my guy:

BEACON INSURANCE & INVESTMENT
Phone: (203) 467-7064
Rich

Not sure if he does your state either, but he may be able to find someone for you. My policy is a $1mill/$2mill for tree trimming and tree removal and it costs $106 a month. Hope this helps.

I found an "excess and surplus" company willing to cover me with a commercial general liability policy with $1,000,000 liability limits. Total cost is 868/yr. That's pretty good isn't it? Please let me know. I'm getting sick of shopping around!

Looks good.

I shopped around for two-three weeks. I hated every minute of it - especially the first week.

Latest posts

Back