No more hand splitting for me!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo6 Sierra

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am the proud new owner of a 28 ton Log Machine. I bought it used but the thing looks like new.

I got it for a steal and love it. I had been looking at a TB 27 ton from Lowes but once I saw this thing I had to snag it up. It has the Subaru EX27 9hp motor and fires up first pull.

This was a huge find for me and my cutting partner as we can now cut and split on site and down have to handle the wood as much. I'm stoked and can't wait to use this thing!

Wow

The paint is not even off the wedge yet. Great find. Enjoy it for me as well I still hand split everything. Some day I will have one of these :)

Inquiring minds need to know the steal price!

I'm in the market (probably next fall) and from your 3 pics this looks like a well crafted machine with a nice engine behind it.

I see several things I like about your new helper. The engine on the opposite side of the operator, and the dual wheels on the jack are among those .

Your splitter looks like it is almost brand spankin' new. Looks real good. It is going to be a big, big help.

Nosmo

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Congratulations. Keep us informed on how she works.:cheers:

Nice

That looks like a nice commercial built splitter ,take good care of it and it will take care of you'

TEDMI.

Well the worm has turned for you and your cutting partner...congratulations E6S.

Might not be a bad idea to weld your last 4 on a predominate place to deter thieves.

Edit to add... and if you're going to haul it here/there it might not be a bad idea to repack the bearings twice a year.

Last edited:
Might not be a bad idea to weld your last 4 on a predominate place to deter thieves.

Not a bad idea but right now I can't bring myself to scratch off that pretty powdercoating besides, that's what my Glock 30 is for. Eleven rounds of .45 ACP is a much stronger deterent than some numbers you can grind off, don't you agree..?

Inquiring minds need to know the steal price!

Before I bought it I looked it up online as saw that it goes for $3,300 brand new. I got it for $1,500.

just curious did you get it as an old rent a tool machine from home depot?

Before I bought it I looked it up online as saw that it goes for $3,300 brand new. I got it for $1,500.

Nice! :clap: At $1500 that's a sweet deal! :cheers:

I like that handle on the back of it. Nice touch. I see quite a few nice, quality touches.

I have to say it, though. At $3,300, I'd call it a rip-off. For that money, you'd better give me 35 tons or better, a log lift, 28 gpm pump, and a Honda or Subaru engine to match.

Last edited:
yeah 3300 is waay steep i agree. at 1500 thats a deal my friend! youll wonder how you did without it once you fire it up.

I would never have paid $3,300 for this or any splitter for that matter. There are plenty of good ones out there for $1,300 - $1,500 brand new and plenty of used ones out there for less.

just curious did you get it as an old rent a tool machine from home depot?

Negative. I got it from a friend of a friend who owns a contracting business and doesn't use it much.

Echo,
You did well. That splitter has a stripper and log cradles. I wish my Iron & Oak splitter came set up that way.
Good luck with it. Here's a pic of mine.

Got to use my new toy today. I've been cutting & clearing a section of my yard so I can have a place to stack my wood and finally got all the brush out so I split everything I cut today. I ended up with a nice little pile, mostly maple and a little bit of oak.

This machine is a beast, the oak was very stringy but it went right through everything I fed it. The biggest stuff was about 18" across. Here's a pic of the pile I ended up with.

Back