No More Heating With Firewood In New York?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

you've GOT to be kidding, right?

you think your comments are read by the people proposing this legislation? Seriously? :laughing:

They've been working on this for a long time and NOTHING you say is going to change the legislators minds, nothing. What's in this is what's going to happen. Face it. They think they're smarter than you and that's why they're proposing this stuff. The public comment period is just another step of the process and NOTHING mandates that they have to read and listen to anything the public says.

I'll be back to kill some big bucks again next year and good luck:cheers:
Good luck and get a life.

Attachments

• 23331062_1660587010629377_5655597922036939529_o (2).jpg
    23331062_1660587010629377_5655597922036939529_o (2).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 8
I think there are many things that are fine as personal decisions. Decisions based on a personal balancing of risks and rewards.... I'm opposed to any form of government mandates for things like seat belts, firearms storage, gasoline storage (I know you guys love CARB gas cans...).....They all start out as "reasonable safety measures" etc... and then before you know it, people are getting thrown in jail for not Complying with what morphs into THE LAW.

I oppose at every step the advance of government reach into our everyday lives. We have seen where that leads recently....."15 days to bend the curve" "Wear a mask" "Get the shot".....Then we closed a bunch of businesses for a year (some forever), put people in jail for refusing to wear a mask and fired people for not getting a shot. Go take a look at Australia right now to see where it leads, or ultimately, China for that matter. There are plenty of other examples but that's one that everyone can immediately relate to, the history is pretty fresh in our minds...No thanks.

I have most of mine locked up. But when it comes to thieves breaking into my house at night the locked up gun in the basement does me no good when I'm in bed. And in NY getting a pistol permit is tough especially if you made a few poor choices as a teenager. The other reason I have a gun around is to control predators. There was a period where several raccoons were wondering around during the day and not afraid of people or my kids. One wondered into my garage. I get it its a gun but the ones I have registered with the state because they are "assault weapons" are locked up and loaded. You don't dare have an assault weapon stolen in this state you probably will end up in jail.
We are in complete agreement on all counts. I should have mentioned an exception for personal protection weapons, although there are products available for locking them while still preserving quick access, such as touch pad lockboxes. And just as there is no chainsaw for all purposes, the same holds for firearms. For those who have contracted FAD (Firearms Acquisition Disorder), a gun vault is a must for peace of mind as well as community safety (preventing gun theft). It's amazing to me that "they" are still referring to semi-autos as "assault rifles". True assault rifles have full auto capability. AR15s do basically the same thing as my grandfather's .22 -- one shot per trigger pull.

We are in complete agreement on all counts. I should have mentioned an exception for personal protection weapons, although there are products available for locking them while still preserving quick access, such as touch pad lockboxes. And just as there is no chainsaw for all purposes, the same holds for firearms. For those who have contracted FAD (Firearms Acquisition Disorder), a gun vault is a must for peace of mind as well as community safety (preventing gun theft). It's amazing to me that "they" are still referring to semi-autos as "assault rifles". True assault rifles have full auto capability. AR15s do basically the same thing as my grandfather's .22 -- one shot per trigger pull.

My single shot legal length shot gun that is old enough to not have a serial number only serves one purpose as does my little makita saw. I used to have FAD until the safe act came about and ruined all the fun. Now I have started making hiding spots that only I know about to store firearms because I have a fear of the NY government saying we can no longer own weapons. They don't like gas engines or wood stoves or freedom of your body so whats next?

My single shot legal length shot gun that is old enough to not have a serial number only serves one purpose as does my little makita saw. I used to have FAD until the safe act came about and ruined all the fun. Now I have started making hiding spots that only I know about to store firearms because I have a fear of the NY government saying we can no longer own weapons. They don't like gas engines or wood stoves or freedom of your body so whats next?
I don't blame you.

How do you protect yourself when you have to x y z before you access your specialty licensed killing machine to protect your family?

Seriously. Maybe it’s time to live in the portion that is currently still America.
Or buy a really good Estwing hammer.

Has anyone heard of the B.C. Bibb Stove Co. Baltimore MD. I was going thru some of my old coins and found this one. I found 2 on Fleabay $65/used and $250/mint. I haven't cleaned it yet, from what I have found it's made from brass, 1889.

IMG_20220225_102317121~2.jpgIMG_20220225_102329678~2.jpg

NYS is also now, in small areas, not allowing new natural gas installations, again, in certain areas. I read on one for the NYDEC emails, they will, at some near future, begin on western NY. No gas furnace, no gas hot water tanks, no gas fireplaces. They're already doing this in NYC. They want electric everything. To encourage people not to use natural gas, the game plan it to increase the cost of any natural gas appliance with a "tax" so that it will become too expensive to purchase. I'm sure places in the urban areas will not be affected immediately, but over the years, it'll catch up to everyone.

NYS is also now, in small areas, not allowing new natural gas installations, again, in certain areas. I read on one for the NYDEC emails, they will, at some near future, begin on western NY. No gas furnace, no gas hot water tanks, no gas fireplaces. They're already doing this in NYC. They want electric everything. To encourage people not to use natural gas, the game plan it to increase the cost of any natural gas appliance with a "tax" so that it will become too expensive to purchase. I'm sure places in the urban areas will not be affected immediately, but over the years, it'll catch up to everyone.
certain people trying to regulate this,,, need a round to top center mass...............

There are large areas in New York that have no access to NG in the first place it’s either LPG or electric . I have no NG available to me at the house in Dutchess oil heat and hot water or the house in the Catskills electric heat and LPG for water .

My electric bill averages 120 a month year round if I were to use the heat it could be 400 a month during dead of winter . So 3 months high 9 lower . My daughter filled her oil tank . 400 gallons at 5.50 a gallon she’s going to be using electric space heaters this winter along with the pellet stove .

I still use the electric at times because it’s nice to be able to take the chill of one room I’m in and not the whole house . I use it most in the living room and bed bath . My wood stove can only do so much . It makes sense in larger cities to use electric heat and water . Most bigger buildings in NYC are steam for both that is generated by Con Edison anyway . I worked a few years for mechanical hvac company in NYC and the systems are rather unique.

We all know who you can blame for this monumental balls up (gas prices, cost of living crisis etc) but I will let you figure it out yourself as if I say anything I will get my arse banned again by a certain 'moderator' who would be only too happy to do it again "You have been banned for the following reason: Rules violations. Your ban will be lifted on Jul 21, 2022 at 11:30 AM".

Back