No more ms150 rear handle. "Discontinued"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davhul

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Went to order a ms150 rear handle and it wasn't in the list anymore to order. Called stihl and they said its Discontinued due to the lack of sells. I only know of carvers using them.

Really! I'm glad I bought two of them then. I may try to locate a third to keep on the shelf for the future if this is true.

Are you Sure you don't just have a lazy dealer that is trying to sell you something he has in stock?

...just made a phone call and located two of them in stock . I may grab one tomorrow. I don't want to be without one:)

I just called superior saw and stove (im from michigan) he says they havent got any word of this they have 3 in stock and more in the warehouse

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Thanks for checking. I just emailed Stihl and asked too. I usually get a response within a day when I have a question.

Yeah he said he didnt see it being true as he sells them quite a bit but he cant vouche for national sales

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

I am a dealer and I called stihl this morning.If it's not true then they lied to me. The top handle was available. If someone else is able to conferm that would be good.

Ga. We get our supply from Stihl south east in Orlando

I got a response to my email just now
Here's the answer to me questioning if the 150 rear handle saw is discontinued

"To our knowledge, there are no plans to discontinue the of the MS150C E rear handle version. Our internal data indicates active shipment of this chainsaw from our founding company in Germany as well as having several hundred in stock both here at our manufacturing facility and our various distributors throughout the country. Moreover, our founding company continues to fill future orders of this saw for us for future delivery."

Best regards,

Wayne Lemmond

Technical Service Representative

STIHL Inc.

Well I hope that's the case. I'm calling Again in the morning and maybe speak with someone else and reference that email. I wouldn't see them getting rid of it but I had to skip it on today's order

I hate it when retailers talk like this.... they don't want to bother carrying something...or don't know, so they make up a story.....
Talk like what? I want to stock it and all I have to go on is what I was told by SSE. You might want to go back and read the post form the beginning

From what I understand, what a distributor stocks is entirely up to them, which is why each distributor puts out it's own parts lists [prices], and dealer sales books and packages, etc.

That maybe the case here in the south east the demand may have not been there. But I wouldn't figure they would short change us. I'll have to dig more into it in the morning.

Talk like what? I want to stock it and all I have to go on is what I was told by SSE. You might want to go back and read the post form the beginning

Sorry...the original post was not clear that you were the dealer trying to obtain a product from stihl...

So rereading the post leads me to the conclusion that someone at stihl doesn't know what they are talking about.

One person from a distributor saying there are no more...and then stihl saying that there are plenty. Still annoying. ..but my bad ...sorry

Well I drove over to the Stihl dealer that had 2 in stock. I bought a spare 150 just in case they disappear. That dealer said he also heard that the 150 was discontinued, in the US only.

So,I got contradictory information also after I got that email from Stihl that says it's not discontinued.

Back