No More Shipped Husky's From Bailey's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad day in Husky World! I was hoping to get something to go with my new 372xp. Gonna have to keep an eye out on the bay for a deal.

You can still order a new 346XP from Bailey's even though they are physically out of them right now. The order has to be entered into the system before they close for business tomorrow. You will get the saw when their stock is replenished.

A 346XP and a 372XP would be an excellent combination to have.

1 (800) 322-4539

Ouch. That's pretty funny. But in that case you are referring to it was haf a day in each case. But I learned a lot, and sometimes that's the way it goes.

What I meant in my post was going to order parts or something. I almost always have to go and order, and then come back and pick them up and hope they are the right ones. With Baileys or Mxdsns I just pick up the phone, talk to someone very knowledgeable, and then get them in the mail. I guess the parts thing isn't going to change, so my point seems weak here, doesn't it.....

One of my earlier mistakes was admitting I bought the 3120 on AS which is pro 880. I'll be more careful next time.;)

Well, undoubtedly many people, including me, learned a lot from your battles. Despite what you may believe it was a great read and very informative. I can't imagine how much it would have sucked to run that 3120 hammering like that.

You can still order a new 346XP from Bailey's even though they are physically out of them right now. The order has to be entered into the system before they close for business tomorrow. You will get the saw when their stock is replenished.

A 346XP and a 372XP would be an excellent combination to have.

1 (800) 322-4539

Yeah I think the 346xp would be an excellent fit!

I’m saving this catalog to show my grandkids someday. No more Bailey’s Huskees and Dolmars after this year, boy how times change.:givebeer:

Be cautious about the purchase of new equipment off of EBAY. Much of the equipment seen, as well as other "new" items, have to handled with welder's gloves. Research the seller prior to purchase. And then cross your fingers!

Well tonight I broke down (relapsed) and bought a 372XPW from Bailey's at the very last minute. DJ said my saw was the last Husqvarna phone sale for them. It's fitting that it be a 372. :cheers: I asked him if I got a plaque or a free hat or something :D.

Well tonight I broke down (relapsed) and bought a 372XPW from Bailey's at the very last minute. DJ said my saw was the last Husqvarna phone sale for them. It's fitting that it be a 372. :cheers: I asked him if I got a plaque or a free hat or something :D.
:clap: Now maybe someday i can run a stock 74.66cc and see how they run. WTG! :clap:

Is it all Husky web seller's that have to quit selling online? Norwalk still has them up on the website but the prices have gone up slightly.

Matt

Even if we do find some selling online still, lets keep it posted in Pm's please:cry: .
That way we dont have a Husky police thing going on like the Stihl police do:dizzy: .

Geese I was saving up for a new head too... How come I cannot locate any press release from Husky on their website regaridng this? Isnt Poulan (among others) a Husky that has been selling in the box stores for along time already? Confused....

Out of curiosity I just priced a 357xp at the local Husky dealer....they want $720!!!!!!
Bailey's latest (last) price was $500......and people ask why buy online?
I bought my 372xp from Baileys (6mths ago) and just missed their last 346Xp so had to buy from another online dealer (the "N" one). I'll miss being able to buy online.....and my list of chain saws will not be getting any bigger.
For my firewood uses the 372xp and 346xp should last a long, long time.....and I'll snicker as I glance at the price stickers (and walk by) on the new Huskies at the local dealer!

Oddly, the local dealer price for the 350 was only $20 over that of Bailey's....a difference that would be negated by shipping costs.

Out of curiosity I just priced a 357xp at the local Husky dealer....they want $720!!!!!!
Bailey's latest (last) price was $500......and people ask why buy online?
I bought my 372xp from Baileys (6mths ago) and just missed their last 346Xp so had to buy from another online dealer (the "N" one). I'll miss being able to buy online.....and my list of chain saws will not be getting any bigger.
For my firewood uses the 372xp and 346xp should last a long, long time.....and I'll snicker as I glance at the price stickers (and walk by) on the new Huskies at the local dealer!

Oddly, the local dealer price for the 350 was only $20 over that of Bailey's....a difference that would be negated by shipping costs.

Some people on here are made of money and are more than willing to GROSSLY OVER PAY. That is why my new 372XP came from the "N" dealer. I too will not be investing in any more saws for some time. Really sucks as I did want the 346xp but can't swing one now.

Last edited:
I ordered a 346xp today. Cross my fingers. It's about a $110 savings over local figuring tax and shipping vs shipping. Yes the local guy charges shipping too. I called and asked his lowest price and was shocked. He doesn't stock the 346's any more. Used to have one of them and a 372 in stock. I bought my 372 from them but they send stuff out for service and there is no one there who knows anything about saws. Its a True Value store not a specialized OPE dealer.

If this doesn't work I'll have to check into a Dolmar 5100.

Don

Personally, I go way back with Bailey's, starting from my location in N. California, on up to the last sixteen years at my current residence in Asia. I must have purchased twenty Huskys from Laytonville, to supply the crews that I work with. Always excellent service, I have become friends with some of the people at the Laytonville location, though we have never met in person. As to purchasing saws from them and having them shipped to me, up until now, (I was told based on the long relationship) they have continued to supply the goods, I believe well beyond a point where Husky no longer approved of sending saws here. Pro model saws when purchased from a dealer here, are generally in the range of double the price, sometimes even more, compared to Baileys or other online sellers. I can run right over to one of the two dealers in the area and purchase a 372xp for around $2500, and no free chain oil comes with it. A lot of people pushing papers get a piece of the action, an old way of doing things in this region, the price goes way up. Husky wants to protect their dealers in Asia from people who can read and write English, and go online. I'll go along with that from time to time and purchase a fifteen dollar gas cap from a shop here, when I don't want to bother ordering from the states.

I want to order three Husky's currently, but it can't happen in the current mode, I've been informed. I'm really bummed by the present arrangement, have to go tell the boys that their new saws that I offered to get them won't be coming. These are folks who put food on the table by knocking down trees, and in some cases it is just cost prohibitive to purchase the saws here. I'm really grateful for the relationship with Baileys up to this point, lots of logs have been loaded on trucks. Gregg and Russ have gone out of their way to help me out, I liked chatting with the lady (Mary?) who answered the phone there before the on-line thing started. Husqvarna business ramifications aside, I hope that we can in the not too distant future get back to the OLD ordering relationship that has been so productive, from my perspective at least. I must be a sensitive logger....?

Last edited:
Personally, I go way back with Bailey's, starting from my location in N. California, on up to the last sixteen years at my current residence in Asia. I must have purchased twenty Huskys from Laytonville, to supply the crews that I work with. Always excellent service, I have become friends with the some of the people at the Laytonville location, though we have never met in person. As to purchasing saws from them and having them shipped to me, up until now, (I was told based on the long relationship) they have continued to supply the goods, I believe well beyond a point where Husky no longer approved of sending saws here. Pro model saws when purchased from a dealer here, are generally in the range of double the price, compared to Baileys. A lot of people pushing papers get a piece of the action, an old way of doing things in this region, the price goes way up. Husky wants to protect their dealers in Asia from people who can read and write English, and go online. I'll go along with that from time to time and purchase a fifteen dollar gas cap from a shop here, when I don't want to bother ordering from the states.

I want to order three Husky's currently, but it can't happen in the current mode, I've been informed. I'm really bummed by the present arrangement, have to go tell the boys that their new saws that I offered to get them won't be coming. These are folks who put food on the table by knocking down trees, and in some cases it is just cost prohibitive to purchase the saws here. I'm really grateful for the relationship with Baileys up to this point, lots of logs have been loaded on trucks. I hope that we can in the not too distant future get back to the OLD ordering relationship that has been so productive, from my perspective at least.

I find it hard to believe that ALL dealers will stop 'net sales, you may want to twist their arm a little harder.....

I find it hard to believe that ALL dealers will stop 'net sales, you may want to twist their arm a little harder.....

Yes, based on the kindly advice from members here, I'm looking into it. Got to keep the crew happy, especially during the present cold season.

I am 3.45 hours from the Woodland Warehouse, I may have to make a road trip sometime soon. Kinda wanted a 390xp now that I have hopped up the 385xp.
Seriously, I will take orders and ship the saws out myself to those who are interested.

Latest posts

Back