No one needs firewood around here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone is missing the boat there. If you have good access, I'd think people would be jumping on those trees. Take a few pictures and post them in the store in town.

Pile a bunch and light a match. Once the locals know you're serious that it needs gone, you might get some takers. If not, enjoy the industrial sized weenie roast!

Every bigger farmer around here is taking out all the fencelines they can to make fields bigger. For people willing to work, there's no shortage of free wood. There does seem to be a shortage of people willing to work, however :msp_sad:

I'll put up a standing offer for anyone that wants free box elder, with a little cherry and elm out of my fencelines. I'll help cut and load. Star Prairie area. If I do it myself, the elm and cherry go on the stacks, most of the box elder goes up in smoke out in the field.

Steve, I didn't realize you were that far South - I thought you were up closer to Superior. Bummer about the little boy who died from the snowplow earlier after the storm in your town. Really sad to hear about that.

Steve, I didn't realize you were that far South - I thought you were up closer to Superior. Bummer about the little boy who died from the snowplow earlier after the storm in your town. Really sad to hear about that.

Yup, real sad deal there. I don't know the family, but know who they are. That's got to be the worst feeling a person could have.

A Mennonite neighbor of mine and I are cutting one of the treelines now. HE's taking the dead elm and I'm just piling anything else. I have enough seasoned that I don't mind giving him the stuff ready to go. He' pretty happy with how the elm burns. We are saving back some of the larger, straight trees to see if a logger wants 'em.

Is this a pin oak?

View attachment 267728View attachment 267729View attachment 267730

Looks like pin oak, lot of branches, and hold their leaves until spring around here. Not sure about loggers wanting it because all the knots, but like all oak.. good firewood!

There does seem to be a shortage of people willing to work, however

Yea, like white boys with "work disorders". They seem to be getting too too lazy in this country these days. Now anybody who wants to complain about my compliment, bite your tongue because if you were offended it did not include you. Now get back to work :)

Let me load my Huskys and my Hound and my wife.
We will be right there.
I might have to take a loan out for Diesel though as I am in N. AZ.
Seriously, if I was closer I would be bugging you all the time to let me come up and fell and buck the trees.

Farmerboybill, what road are you on? I have some land out past the airport. If you are still looking come spring time, I may be interested. My wood supply this winter is, well, its green.. and it sucks.

Go out and drop a bunch, and post they are available and down. Lots of people afraid of dropping trees, but happy to cut them up once they are down. I had the same deal, a piece of property that hadn't been cleaned up in years. I offered it up to several people. Some came and took the downed wood, but all the standing dead stayed. I started dropping them and leaving them lay, and they all got taken pretty quick. I even started cutting the limbs and tops off, because one guy quit when he pinched a bar and could not get it out. He was a happy camper when I showed up at his place one day with his bar and chain.

Farmerboybill, what road are you on? I have some land out past the airport. If you are still looking come spring time, I may be interested. My wood supply this winter is, well, its green.. and it sucks.

I'm just northwest of town off county K I can see all the "new" development from my farmstead. Thinking about buying a bunch of junk equipment to junk the place up and turn off buyers.

Thanks for the offer farmerboybill.

Ironic, I have an ad running on the Lacrosse WI CL offering to clear brush lines and edges of fields doing exactly what you want. I had one bite from a guy in Retreat WI, but it was too far.

You are 96 miles away.:bang:

What kind of keywords are you guys using in your ads?

Well here is the ad with my phone # redacted. Critique if you will.:bowdown:

The title is "looking for hardwood to cut".

I am looking for a farm that has been logged in order to cut up tops or volunteer trees that have tipped over/dead. I am familiar with timber stand improvement too. I will help you in any clearing activity you may need such as fencelines and edges of fields in return for access. I am retired and have a very flexible schedule. The goal is to establish a long term relationship that is beneficial to both of us.

The ideal location would be no further than 15-20 miles from Onalaska.

Phone calls only @ (608) 781-XXXX.
•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

I'm just northwest of town off county K I can see all the "new" development from my farmstead. Thinking about buying a bunch of junk equipment to junk the place up and turn off buyers.

I am assuming that I can drive my truck down the fenceline? I am very interested come spring.

Well here is the ad with my phone # redacted. Critique if you will.:bowdown:

The title is "looking for hardwood to cut".

I am looking for a farm that has been logged in order to cut up tops or volunteer trees that have tipped over/dead. I am familiar with timber stand improvement too. I will help you in any clearing activity you may need such as fencelines and edges of fields in return for access. I am retired and have a very flexible schedule. The goal is to establish a long term relationship that is beneficial to both of us.

The ideal location would be no further than 15-20 miles from Onalaska.

Phone calls only @ (608) 781-XXXX.
•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

"Wanted Fire Wood firewood hardwoods I cut"

Latest posts

Back