No spark on David Bradley Model # 917.60051

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up a David Bradley chainsaw for partial payment from cleanup of Irene. Some of the members have helped me identify, which I appreciate. Could use any help with this. Have read some of the history of the David Bradley enterprises. Some of the early history of chainsaws. Anyway tried to start but no spark. Probably pts. and condenser. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Thanks so much!! Such a quick response! Like you're right here in the house. It's taken me much longer to get responses from family members. You're alright!

After cleaning the points, make sure to check the air gap. Points cover is designed to act as gauge... .015. The saw is touchy about this. I'm guessing you also have the TECUMSEH carb. It will likely need a rebuild.

Beautiful David Bradley!!!

Might have looked like this out of the crate :
sawdust21, was your saw always this nice? Or did you restore it? Whatever one gorgeous machine. Congratulations!! Perfection!! Thank you for showing me what to strife for. I sincerely hope to get it looking a lot better, but I don't think it will be as nice as yours. Will try though! BEAUTIFUL!!! Take care.

sawdust21, was your saw always this nice? Or did you restore it? Whatever one gorgeous machine. Congratulations!! Perfection!! Thank you for showing me what to strife for. I sincerely hope to get it looking a lot better, but I don't think it will be as nice as yours. Will try though! BEAUTIFUL!!! Take care.

Thanks! No...it was DOA when I got it. But it was all there. It was a good restoration project. It's looking for a new home now.

Might have looked like this out of the crate :

198136d1315340377-2011-09-03-14-11-16-jpg

Nice job on that saw.:cheers:

Back