No Spring Bump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey.... Does Jeff do residential?

He does not do residential in his hat
He does not do residential with this or that
He does not do residential on Pacific shores
He does not do residential behind closed doors
He does not do residential with axe nor pick
He does not do residential it makes him sick

All I can say is don't think about Craigslist I lowered myself to an add and it cost me... hundreds of calls from all over the state people wanting to rent my bucket truck, stump grinder telling me I was crazy for my quotes. .. got one job from my neighbor that somehow didn't know i ground stumps. just spent a week or two looking at 2 and 3 thousand dollar jobs they thought were 2 or 300. Nothing against trailers I Lived in one when I first got married but that seems to be where all my bids were at... Craigslist may work in certain areas not here...

All I can say is don't think about Craigslist I lowered myself to an add and it cost me... hundreds of calls from all over the state people wanting to rent my bucket truck, stump grinder telling me I was crazy for my quotes. .. got one job from my neighbor that somehow didn't know i ground stumps. just spent a week or two looking at 2 and 3 thousand dollar jobs they thought were 2 or 300. Nothing against trailers I Lived in one when I first got married but that seems to be where all my bids were at... Craigslist may work in certain areas not here...

Craigslist can FUQ OFF AND DIE. All I get are calls from scammers and people who want $1k worth of work for $100. Those fuqing scammers call 3 or 4 times a day. I wish I could punch through the phone and break their ****** noses.

As soon as we stopped working the snow, I've been working in the trees. We do very little residential and strictly HOA contracts. The backlog is 7-8 weeks. I work in the suburbs of Washington, DC.
Do you know who does the trees at the white house? I have always wondered that.

Do you know who does the trees at the white house? I have always wondered that.

Davey did it for years but I'm not sure who does it now. Its a very complicated process to get those contracts. When I worked for a national company, we did work at the US Capital, Supreme Court, Library of Congress, Lincoln Memorial. Lots of paper work and major PIA working on the sites. Every worker had to go through security background checks, trucks would have to be searched for bombs and a all around hassle. I guess its cool to say I was able to work on those sites.

Been crazy here since the ice storm hit in the Toronto area last December, most legit co's are booked until the fall if not longer, I started 2 more crews 2 months ago and still booked for 2 months straight on top of working for the city of Toronto... It's been an amazing year so far!!! Phones been ringing a lot and am getting 80% of the jobs I look at. I have so many regular customers and municipal work I don't have to bid jobs, just do them and submit my invoice !

Been crazy here since the ice storm hit in the Toronto area last December, most legit co's are booked until the fall if not longer, I started 2 more crews 2 months ago and still booked for 2 months straight on top of working for the city of Toronto... It's been an amazing year so far!!! Phones been ringing a lot and am getting 80% of the jobs I look at. I have so many regular customers and municipal work I don't have to bid jobs, just do them and submit my invoice !

What's the plan once all the storm damage is cleaned up?

Pretty slow for me as well. Different business I know but when there is lots of tree work happening I hear about it. It is odd to be slow after tax time.

After tax time....it has been strange. Usually people are rushing out to spend that money. I was trying to sell my truck for the past month with not even a scammer contacting me on craigslist! Finally gave up and gave it away at CarMax.

Workwise we haven't been getting a ton of calls either but have hit on some good jobs to keep us busy. Spring came more than a month late, not sure what people are thinking, hopefully that translates into a busy late summer and early fall.

Latest posts

Back