non work shoes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
OK, I got to ask, am I the only guy that wears plain white canvas (mens) keds to the sight. A couple of officer types were laughing at my feet today at the gym. They seem to think their "girl shoes". I told them I wear them when I'm not wearing my corks ("what are they?").
Am I weird or am I just super-duper manly?
Do I even want to hear the answer?

If you wear white Keds on your days off and are fine with that....your simply super-duper-manly. I mean it, any man who feels comfortable in white KEDS is a man in -deed with no insecurity issues:cheers:

Uh oh. Burvol? Slowp?:popcorn:

I wear crocs to the jobsite whenever I damn well please, i.e when the mud is less than 6" deep. At a wedding last weekend my goat farmer friend told me of a silly cartoon he saw. 2 old grizzlies standing there with thier suspenders and flannels and suspenders, one looking down at the other's feet--- "what, you never seen a logger in crocs?" it said. Wish I had a copy. Maybe I could get it and scan it.

Man card? whatever. Yeah, keds may be lame, but who the hell cares. Anyone that can put 3 truckloads on the ground before lunch can wear whatever they want!

Last edited:
A bit hard to see but these pics were taken at the end of today's work. I had not seen these trees before, at least not up close.

Cody is wearing 4-ply steel belted radial tenny runners.
PicoEaster022.jpg

I am wearing Whites Alaska romeos. They don't make them anymore which is a good thing as they are carp. I like the look of the lanscaper shoes with velcro that Bailey's has in their catalog.
PicoEaster024.jpg

A bit hard to see but these pics were taken at the end of today's work. I had not seen these trees before, at least not up close.

Cody is wearing 4-ply steel belted radial tenny runners.

I am wearing Whites Alaska romeos. They don't make them anymore which is a good thing as they are carp. I like the look of the lanscaper shoes with velcro that Bailey's has in their catalog.

nice pics, 2dogs.

are you falling those snags?

LOL, A lot of times I wear 5 year old Navados with paint and God knows what else covering them to the job site a lot then change into my Carolinas to work. I've even been known to wear my JC water walkers to the job site and change.

Hey to each their own. At least they're not Crocs.

All progressive trend setters face ridicule at first. So it goes with Crocs. However, the weather dog has come indoors from his bathroom trip soaked, so it will be the gore tex shoes this morning, to be followed with the classic orange Viking caulks later on. One also has to wear what the weather dictates.

Meanwhile, the herd goes onward to the feedlot....:greenchainsaw:

Back