Noodlepalooza

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Today I attacked the odds and ends (like the trunk and crotches) from Red Oak I cut last year (year before?).

Didn't bring my good camera, but here's some from the Crackberry.

The Fiskars is good but it ain't that good for those 20" plus crotch pieces.

On the stump I was real proud how even I managed to make the circumcision...I didn't want to haul out the big bar.

12-22-10a_small.jpg

12-22-10b_small.jpg

12-22-10c_small.jpg

12-22-10d_small.jpg

12-22-10e_small.jpg

12-22-10f_small.jpg

12-22-10g_small.jpg

Nice. I made a pile of odds and ends this year that was easily over a cord. Just left it in a pile to season all summer. It was nice heating the house with it, since I didn't break into my 'real' firewood till Thanksgiving.

Just finished doing the same thing to my red oak pile, I had so many noodles I had to scrape them away with the Bobcat, I had them knee deep, lol. They sure are pretty when fresh tho. My neighbor took a bucket full for his dog bedding.

Where's the snow at..? You need a special delivery from MN...

You MIGHT see some on this afternoon's photos.

I think State DOT is asking the same thing, they went by my place last night at 9pm with the blade down and throwing sparks for maybe 3/16" of an inch of white stuff.

Day after Christmas we're to get the storm to end all storms, or a dusting. Not sure yet :hmm3grin2orange:

Where's the snow at..? You need a special delivery from MN....

P1120227_small.jpg

Better use a different shipping company next time, this one took 20 days to arrive, unless it was it was you who sent me those few piddly ones...

Today was the real deal -- measured 14" on my deck, but from how the more open part of my driveway was I'm figuring more like 18".

If I want to cut this weekend, I have a funny feeling I'm going to end up having to shovel out the entrance to my woodlot, something I've never had to resort to before! I do like dropping trees on deep snow -- I can cut right through without dealing with turning the logs, etc to avoid the dirt, and come back and pick up the chunks at a later date :D

I love noodles

Nice pile of wood to keep ya warm , here is a idea for your noodles lol

noodlehead.jpg

:D

Latest posts

Back