Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goin' right for the jugular, aintcha? OK, I'll bring it.

Can't bring a D9 because load limits bla bla bla. Wish I could.

Hand tools? Linegear? Rigging bag? IRPG? Nomex? All that stuff is a gimme, will bring. Everybody kits out different so if any other red cards bring their linegear as well we can show how different it is. I know Kevin has the Mystery Ranch lightweight gear, and I'm using the Wolfpack Gear setup that I understand is no longer made. I like it because it's super modular and is as good for general Forestry work as it is for fire. Any us can go on for hours about hand tools, boots, equipment maintenance, etc... maybe talk about water handling? Maybe talk to the CalFire folks up the road, see if they can't provide an engine for demonstration/discussion? FWIW I'd much rather see a type 6 like I use than a type 4 because dang are those things big and cumbersome.

A tutorial / demo on the proper use of a McCloud would be awesome.

All of a sudden I feel like Tom Sawyer's friend. The one with the big mouth.:p

I worked with two hot shot crew supes who were falling bosses a few weeks ago. They had some very cool hand tools. Shop modded. Maybe we can start a pointless argument about modded hand tools.

All of a sudden I feel like Tom Sawyer's friend. The one with the big mouth.:p

I worked with two hot shot crew supes who were falling bosses a few weeks ago. They had some very cool hand tools. Shop modded. Maybe we can start a pointless argument about modded hand tools.
Hmm, do I need to bring welder and ptorch? :p

Anyone "handy" with a chingadera?

We use Rogue Hoe's
d4b8f3541331399568632f591009e145.jpg
2acc6b8914a91384fe3261f9e2474db3.jpg

Back