Not AGAIN!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Combi, Rotoalign,Optalign ?
Omegas are allowing like ten thou misalignment or something, they are widely used in industry. I like them.
Most people should just use a drive shaft and U joints IMO

Vibralign Go Pro, sweet tool! farmboss45, sounds like you likely have it sorted out, that 32cnd is about .031" thousandths, quite a bit for almost any coupler to take for long, especially under heavy load. Good fix :msp_thumbup: stay safe!

Everyone is on the miss alignment, and I like the idea of the excessive resistance from the pump causing the destroying the lovejoy's. But have you checked your pump mounting housing. Assuming your using the molded plastic housing that bolts to the motor and the pump. If it has a hair line crack that would be hard to detect under no load circumstances. But as soon the engine bog's and the pump loads up, causing the most torque required. And at that time is when you'll have your most likely time for miss alignment. Throw a piece of knotty oak in the splitter and have a friend run the ram while you watch and see if it kicks out of alignment.

The trick is to get both shafts in alignment and running concentric, same axis, with one another. Mine has been there since 90 and its an El Cheapo from TSC.

Many people run a Lovejoy "sandwich" too tight together and they will fail extremely premature. The rubber is not supposed to be tight between the 2 metal ends. I've replaced many because of this but it has been a long time and I can't recall the gap dimension. I think it is a little less than 1/8".

Attention all you woodsplitter builders out in AS land!!!! Help, last winter I built a woodsplitter and it has been working great except one problem. Twice now the 3 piece shaft adapter has failed. The rubber in the middle breaks up and lets the three jaw couplers make direct contact until they chew each other up and wear the teeth right off!! I never know this is happening until the pump stops pumping in the middle of splitting! I have double and triple checked my alignment of the shafts and the adapter plate and can find nothing there, and nothing else is damaged. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem? Is the rubber too weak for a 15.5 horse engine with a 22gpm pump? Any input out there is welcome.....:bang::msp_confused:

you have to have them lined up you got something crooked

Latest posts

Back