Not exactly sure what club I joined but I am sure there is one for it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chewed my wife out for bouncing one off the window, along with the lecture about now you can not replace one pane etc...... The NEXT day guess what, a 1.5 incher took a bad bounce and crackle crackle. Guess who threw it... tail between legs and a mad scramble, I got the window replaced with a used piece. I likely would have gotton away with not telling her, but a guilty concence and 2 "new" stickers on the rear glass..... can you believe that she noticed them..???

Yah, had another thread on this back in late winter (???)....gotta get busy and make them for both of my trucks. I popped one of the sliders on my F-150, made a replacement out of acrylic...the wood loves to bounce off of the slick drop-in bedliner I have (yet another thread!).

I tried the acrylic route. Didn't last too long and I was soon ended up with a cab of leaves and twigs I am still picking out of my teeth.

I've bounced my fair share off of the back window without breaking it luckily.

Only time I did break the back window was when my atv was in the back and the strap came loose. I came to a stop sign and when I stopped the atv bumper blew the glass out. Scared the living daylights out of me. There was glass everywhere! :angry2:

I've bounced my fair share off of the back window without breaking it luckily.

Only time I did break the back window was when my atv was in the back and the strap came loose. I came to a stop sign and when I stopped the atv bumper blew the glass out. Scared the living daylights out of me. There was glass everywhere! :angry2:

I always load mine in backwards(Sportsman 500) the back wheels stick out farther than the rack. If I have it in frontward the winch touches the window if the tailgate is shut and I have to keep the slider open. I don't care to back it up the ramps though It sometimes gives me the creeps.

Been there, done that, TWICE!

After 2, I went to work, got some parts laser cut, did some bending and welding, and wound up with this:

attachment.php

Somewhere on the heavy equipment pages there's a detailed post of my building it. I can dig it up if you'd like. As a bonus, truckloads are slightly larger now, as I toss 'em right up to the front without worrying about wrecking stuff. I don't know if better paint would hold up better, but there are some scuffs in the spray bomb implement paint I used, but it still looks better than the rest of the truck. Wire mesh would increase visibility a bit, but using the Bowtie design was just too cool not to do.

Thats pretty schnazy! great work!:clap::clap:

I always load mine in backwards(Sportsman 500) the back wheels stick out farther than the rack. If I have it in frontward the winch touches the window if the tailgate is shut and I have to keep the slider open. I don't care to back it up the ramps though It sometimes gives me the creeps.

Same here now. I very rarely haul it in the back of the truck anymore though. I usually just hook up to the trailer and use the back of the truck for other stuff.

Back