Not sure the wife will agree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

struggle

Got stumps?
Reaction score
I spent this evening resoldering the circuit board on our Kennmore HE 4t washing machine also cleaned one burnt relay. A replacement board would cost $150.

Does this mean I get to spend the $150 I saved on saws now:help:

I spent this evening resoldering the circuit board on our Kennmore HE 4t washing machine also cleaned one burnt relay. A replacement board would cost $150.

Sure hope so :)

Give it a couple days and make sure it continues to work!

It means you get to spend the $750 a new washer would have cost! Don't think small. when you settle for the $150 the repair might have cost you will both be happy.

50% off on 200 dollar shoes means you saved 100 bucks...This is what I have learned.

So yes, because you saved the washer, you saved and now have the $1,900.00 difference over a new Miele front loader free to spend on saws.
Those ARE the rules.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Give it a couple days and make sure it continues to work!

Its a lock:msp_tongue: It finsihed the load of clothes it failed on twice and then ran another load from start to finish no problems:hmm3grin2orange:

In a couple of days we will have to see what I can find:greenchainsaw:

It means you get to spend the $750 a new washer would have cost! Don't think small. when you settle for the $150 the repair might have cost you will both be happy.

Funny thing is when I talked to her on the phone she asked are we going to meet at Sears tonight to buy a new washing machine:msp_ohmy:

I said nah let me see what I can find out first. It set a code a couple of weeks ago and after restting it worked fine until today it would not get past a full cycle no matter what.

There is actually a bunch of people pursuing a class action lawsuit for this and the spider bracket failure from what I found:mad:

The plastic is so cheap on the case that hold the circuit board it just falls apart. YOu would think after spending close to $1K on this unit it would be built better than this:msp_thumbdn:

Funny thing is when I talked to her on the phone she asked are we going to meet at Sears tonight to buy a new washing machine:msp_ohmy:

I said nah let me see what I can find out first. It set a code a couple of weeks ago and after restting it worked fine until today it would not get past a full cycle no matter what.

There is actually a bunch of people pursuing a class action lawsuit for this and the spider bracket failure from what I found:mad:

The plastic is so cheap on the case that hold the circuit board it just falls apart. YOu would think after spending close to $1K on this unit it would be built better than this:msp_thumbdn:

I've fixed our Nuptune washer.....not spinning.....and new tub bearings.....double wall oven flex circuits bond together shorting out causing errors... a few other items that I can't remember at the moment....laptop computer DC power in jacks, laptop hinges....cleaning laptops in general....

REP sent on the washer repair!

OH....on the washer.....I bought it used....so I didn't have that much into it....still don't!

Last edited:
Yeah just think how much it would cost to have a re[air may to come out and say, "Yup its broke, you need a new one." And add that th=o the price of a new washing machine.

Struggle,

Have you checked out the Appliantology forum?
The place has a silly vibe, but it's the AS of appliance repair and the guys would likely be able to help you out with parts and info.

I feel your pain brotha, I have a dead 5yr old Jenn aire dishwasher awaiting parts, a malfunctioning and useless display unit on a less than 2yr old $1,800.00 Samsung POS fridge, and am fighting two shower controls with balky balance valves... Stuff is just not made worth a crap anymore.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Struggle,

The place has a silly vibe, but it's the AS of appliance repair and the guys would likely be able to help you out with parts and info.

I feel your pain brotha, I have a dead 5yr old Jenn aire dishwasher awaiting parts, a malfunctioning and useless display unit on a less than 2yr old $1,800.00 Samsung POS fridge, and am fighting two shower controls with balky balance valves... Stuff is just not made worth a crap anymore.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Lots of mass market electronics devices are being manufactured with defective soldier joints or soldier connections that develop microscopic cracks over time. Its amazing what can be repaired simply by resoldering them.

FYI, soldier has no mechanical strength of its own because it is a solid solution (or solid liquid) with no crystal structure. Expansion and contraction (or flexing) of circuit boards from heat cycling can cause solder joints to develop cracks and fractures.

Mass market circuit boards tend to be thin and flimsy.

Last edited:
Last year I picked up a kenmore ht3 that was only used for about 6 months then it started throwing errors. The people were sending it to the scrap yard. I brought it home to play with it. Turns out the circuit board was the problem also. I thought long and hard about doing the repairs myself but I came across a company called circuit board medics. It's been 14 months and I couldn't be happier with the machine. Congrats on doing the repair yourself. I figured I mess it up and end up spending it on a new board anyways. So all said and done I have less then $100 in my machine.

The rule of thumb seems to be that money saved doesn't equal money earned. I save a small fortune on doing my own car repairs, and cutting wood. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to get factored in as play money. It all gets lumped back into the pot. That being said, if I need a tool or something, I don't hear complaints about it. The problem is that there is a fine line between a need and a want sometimes. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I know the feeling. I have a Nuptune. I know the inside of it well. The part I don't understand is why she wanted to buy another SEARS product to replace it. One tip I have learned is Google any model before you buy it. If there are a ton of fix it tips online for that model it has issues. If replacement parts pop up on the bay most likely they are the ones that will fail. Yes this holds true with saws too. Google homie xl smoking and we all know what part to replace.

I've fixed our Neptoon washer.....not spinning.....and new tub bearings.....double wall oven flex circuits bond together shorting out causing errors... a few other items that I can't remember at the moment....laptop computer DC power in jacks, laptop hinges....cleaning laptops in general....

REP sent on the washer repair!

My pitbull has eaten a laptop power cord and then he ate the screen. Yay! For all you guys with computer controlled appliances do you have them plugged into a surge protector???

One tip I have learned is Google any model before you buy it. If there are a ton of fix it tips online for that model it has issues.

Due diligence is always the right thing to do.

On a side note, its nice to finally see who was behind the reason that I had to add an "s" to my handle, just for this site. Cheers! :cheers:

plain and simple,,,,,yes!!!!!!!!!!!

Struggle,

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I will check this site out thanks:clap:

Lots of mass market electronics devices are being manufactured with defective soldier joints or soldier connections that develop microscopic cracks over time. Its amazing what can be repaired simply by resoldering them.

FYI, soldier has no mechanical strength of its own because it is a solid solution (or solid liquid) with no crystal structure. Expansion and contraction (or flexing) of circuit boards from heat cycling can cause solder joints to develop cracks and fractures.

Mass market circuit boards tend to be thin and flimsy.

It is my understanding this failure is do to cold soldering. I don't know much about electronic ciruit boards beyond resistor functions and they are pretty much on a joined togehter with what looks like thin copper strip lamaniated in the board.

Last year I picked up a kenmore ht3 that was only used for about 6 months then it started throwing errors. The people were sending it to the scrap yard. I brought it home to play with it. Turns out the circuit board was the problem also. I thought long and hard about doing the repairs myself but I came across a company called circuit board medics. It's been 14 months and I couldn't be happier with the machine. Congrats on doing the repair yourself. I figured I mess it up and end up spending it on a new board anyways. So all said and done I have less then $100 in my machine.

Here is the site I got my info from for futre refrence if you need it

Whirlpool Duet ghw9150 or Kenmore | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Latest posts

Back