Not to start an oil thread but.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wigglesworth

Booned
Reaction score
I have 2 gal of fresh 100LL on the way and was decideing on what to mix with it? I will probably use Ultra, but was wondering if anybody used the Mobil1 racing 2 stroke? Its pricey $8 a quart. Also any suggestions for switching to 100LL? I have read some on it, seems to be the thing. Thanks, Wiggs

I have 2 gal of fresh 100LL on the way and was decideing on what to mix with it? I will probably use Ultra, but was wondering if anybody used the Mobil1 racing 2 stroke? Its pricey $8 a quart. Also any suggestions for switching to 100LL? I have read some on it, seems to be the thing. Thanks, Wiggs

Have heard good things about amsoil, but i'd use ultra. its the garyway

Nothing like a good oil thread to cap the evening off! :D

I've had great luck with Amsoil Saber, Mobil 1 2T, and Ultra.

Gary? :confused:

I'm running 100 LL and Mobile 1 synthetic now. No problems in 5 different saws, trimmer , and blower. So far so good.

Seems to run really clean. No added power or anything but I don't worry about draining the fuel from things that don't get run often.

I've also started running the 100 LL in lawnmower, snow blower, and chipper.

I used to burn 70 - 80 gallons / day of 100 LL towing gliders and, thank God, never had a fuel related problem. (except a fuel cap that come off in flight once, exciting, but not the fuel's fault!):censored:

JD in PA

Wet 1 , just curious , did you try amsoil Sabre ? if so did you mix a 100/1 or 50/1 , I just have a hard time going with amsoil 100/1 when the manufacture is calling for 50/1 but thats what amsoil suggests !! I like there HP outboard oil .

Good Lord, another Oh, how should I mix my fuel post.
I do not feel any of the currently available domestic oils are good enough for my saws. I get my oil exclusivly from Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH. I get it from an importer in NYC

Good Lord, another Oh, how should I mix my fuel post.
I do not feel any of the currently available domestic oils are good enough for my saws. I get my oil exclusivly from Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH. I get it from an importer in NYC

oh ive used that stuff...works well:hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks for the replys, but nobody has really answered my question. Has anybody used the Mobil 1 racing 2 stroke? i do "not" want a "my oil is better than your oil" thread. That is not my intentions. I am just a average "cheap oil" kinda guy, but am interested in the h.p. gains and "cleaner engine" thougths. I understand this is the "can of worms" on AS so let me say again, No "my oil rocks, your oil sucks" posts, just wondering if anybody else has used it. I had never seen it until today. There website has nothing on it. Thanks, Wiggs

if its the ever cherished m2t mobil synthetic then yes its excellent oil. its no longer made by mobil, just out of curiosity did you recently purchace it from a store or did you get it second hand.

Local auto parts store has 1 case left. Looks like it has been there for a while, i even commented to the counter clerk about the box being old. I am not sure if it is the 2T or not, but i figure if i bought the case, it would last a while. I will look tomorrow.

JD,
I am not sure I would run 100LL in the 4 stroke engines as they are predominately " low compression" designs. The lead wreaks havoc on them loading up the plugs and cylinders and such. No problems in the 2 stroke mix though.
where did you tow ? Pawnee, Agcat, Skylane or Supercub ?
Angelo

Latest posts

Back