Not your father's Farm Boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Definitive Dave

wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore
Reaction score
the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws

Thanks to @rupedoggy, @SquareFile and @spencerpaving this old girl is ready to dance again :)
fresh 10x10 wet cottonwood in my back yard running 3/8" .050 race chain on a custom cut roller bar with eleven tooth sprocket and prototype belly pipe
Dave

I make a pair of cuts with the tuning too rich and then three cuts tuned much better and then the same 5 cuts from a different camera angle.

Thanks to @rupedoggy, @SquareFile and @spencerpaving this old girl is ready to dance again :)
fresh 10x10 wet cottonwood in my back yard running 3/8" .050 race chain on a custom cut roller bar with eleven tooth sprocket and prototype belly pipe
Dave

I make a pair of cuts with the tuning too rich and then three cuts tuned much better and then the same 5 cuts from a different camera angle.

Nice job! Know the old saying “Dance with who you brung.” I wouldn’t be ashamed to be seen dancing with that beast.

the initial saw build was Mike Rupley out in California 15+ years ago, recently Shawn replaced all the soft parts and went through the saw to freshen it up and ended up taking OUT some compression so it can be cold started and then last weekend a mystery box shows up and Bret had sent me that gorgeous pipe to try out
I did a quick shakedown run in 18 degree temps with an 8 pin sprocket and 16" bar and chain just to check fitment etc and then got to run it with the current setup a couple nights ago
Those guys do stuff with saws that I can only stand back and admire with envy. A set of skills I will never master. But it makes for a really fun ride!!
Bret asked me to try a 12 pin and I just got a more aggressive race chain in the mail from Shawn this week as well :)

I say time doing,,,,

Two cuts down
Two cuts up
Bore two holes, don’t break out.
One cut down
One cut up

8 cuts total.

I did it with my stock 2100 except for gov plugged, 8 pin rim, in 17.5 seconds.

Your saw should beat that it’s very fast, much faster than mine.

Back