Nothing like wood cutting/hauling in powder...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nuzzy,

How far are ya from South Haven?

When this little snit of the Manitou clears, I'm gonna go back at a couple of piles, and snatch a couple downed in the berry patch.
Might could use a hand with some of the piles.;)

Some is greenish 1 year downed but not cut, but it will burn better than sap down green maple!!!!!!!!!!
Some dead snags in another pile I can get at, but the snow is arse deep on a tall mule, so the logs will have to be skidded to a pad with the tractor or Quad.

I got caught short as well, thanks to donating to a family member who can't afford the oil.

One condition. Rounds get split on my splitter before ya load 'em on your truck.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I'm about 20-25 mins from South Haven a few miles north on 196 and then due east at the 109th exit. Say the word and I'll be there. :popcorn: Heck, I'd do it without even taking any wood just to get out of the house and play with the saw :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :clap:

I'm about 20-25 mins from South Haven a few miles north on 196 and then due east at the 109th exit. Say the word and I'll be there. :popcorn: Heck, I'd do it without even taking any wood just to get out of the house and play with the saw :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :clap:

You're on!

We will no doubt, get a thaw in the next week or two, or a break long enough for me to clear some snow to get the trucks in and out.

Also got wind of a slash and burn a couple miles from me I havn't eyeballed yet. Supposedly it's easy access to the pile, but the wood is all green.

If nothing else, I gotta clear my west line a bit, and can use the tractor to skid back to the barn.

I'll holler.
Stay safe!
Dingeryote

You're on!

We will no doubt, get a thaw in the next week or two, or a break long enough for me to clear some snow to get the trucks in and out.

Also got wind of a slash and burn a couple miles from me I havn't eyeballed yet. Supposedly it's easy access to the pile, but the wood is all green.

If nothing else, I gotta clear my west line a bit, and can use the tractor to skid back to the barn.

I'll holler.
Stay safe!
Dingeryote

:cheers:

We need more of this in this world!

Nuzzy,

How far are ya from South Haven?

When this little snit of the Manitou clears, I'm gonna go back at a couple of piles, and snatch a couple downed in the berry patch.
Might could use a hand with some of the piles.;)

Some is greenish 1 year downed but not cut, but it will burn better than sap down green maple!!!!!!!!!!
Some dead snags in another pile I can get at, but the snow is arse deep on a tall mule, so the logs will have to be skidded to a pad with the tractor or Quad.

I got caught short as well, thanks to donating to a family member who can't afford the oil.

One condition. Rounds get split on my splitter before ya load 'em on your truck.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

We need more of this in this world! :greenchainsaw:

Dan

I was wading around in 30" of the white crap yesterday, doing survey work (!) on a hilltop here in VT. No snowshoes, what an idiot, they were 35 miles away in the office. I was looking at all the blowdown and standing dead and snags in the woods, wishing I had brought my chainsaw with me, and wondering how I'd get any of it out of the woods even if I had thought to bring a saw.

I gotta applaud your perseverance. I would not go to that kind of trouble unless I had no other choice, even to buying a couple of cords.

I gotta applaud your perseverance. I would not go to that kind of trouble unless I had no other choice, even to buying a couple of cords.

If nothing else, it was a good excuse to burn some calories and get the heart rate up :greenchainsaw:

A day in the woods is still better than any other day :clap:

Although I'm pretty sure the string of expletives coming from my mouth during the event would've suggested otherwise :hmm3grin2orange:

We didn't have the powder yesterday, but boy was it cold!! It was in the low teens and we got a couple cord of oak cut and split for next year.

Firewood021.jpg

Firewood022.jpg

The local woods in northwest ohio is so loaded with dead stuff that cutting green isn't ever needed. Most of it is elm or ash so it's not the best but it burns great.

Nice wood pile....both the foreground and background!

Nice wood pile....both the foreground and background!

We didn't have the powder yesterday, but boy was it cold!! It was in the low teens and we got a couple cord of oak cut and split for next year.

I would take that temp any day. We're showing -21°:jawdrop: here in SW MN. One could be outside w/o their face and parts that they didn't know they had freezing off!:dizzy:

Stay warm!

Dan

Wish I could've had that amount of production the other day :cool: Moving in the snow is like trying to run in a swimming pool :laugh:

Back