Now for something different........What fishing poles do you Use? Hey its a tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jughead500

jughead500

Sasquatch
Sorry my poles and camera are in different locations.
Main pole I use is a Falcon with a Mitchell Spin cast.
I have a Sweden Made Abu Garcia with a Swedish made Ambassador Bait cast reel
And dad gave me an Old Square Solid Steel True Temper rod with a pfleuger Model 1963 bait cast reel.Been using it the past few days but need to take it apart and clean it a little better and grease it.

What do you guys have?

chrisoppie

chrisoppie

ArboristSite Operative
I have a bit of everything. Some midrange quantum, Mitchel, shamanno/Berkley rod reel combos all open spin cast reels. My favorite one lately is my sons Spiderman zebco I landed a 4pound large mouth on trying to show him how to cast with it.

Speed

Speed

ArboristSite Operative
Whatever Capt. Tom supplies on the charter boat.:hmm3grin2orange:
I can tell you, though, they are BIG, and you can reel in a 40"+ Muskie like it's a wimpy little minnow!

Icehouse

Icehouse

ArboristSite MVP
G Loomis IMX rods with Shimano Curado reels. I have way to many of these but you just have to have a different rod and reel for each kind of bait. Most all of these re used for tournament bass fishing. I have Shakespeare ugly stick Tiger rods 7' med heavy with Penn level winds for halibut and bottom fish. Shakespeare 8' med light Tiger down rigger rods for Salomn and Stealhed, these have Garcia 6501 reels. Like many of us I have to much "Stuff" I wonder instead of CAD if a guy would have FAD for to much fishing tackle. Enjoy

Steve NW WI

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
Hell I did it again my Internet can sometimes be so slow you forget what you did.:confused:

Fixed it for you. You can delete multiple posts yourself, just click on "edit post" and push the "delete" button.

For the original question, I've only got one "good" setup, Abu 6500C3 on a 7' medium heavy St. Croix, it's my pike and muskie rod. Spooled with 30# Fireline with a mono backer.

The rest of my stuff is cheapo spinning combos. I just buy whatever feels decent at Fleet Farm when I'm doing my yearly fishing shopping spree. I've had some decent cheap ones, and a couple that were junk. As long as the drag is smooth and the rod has a nice feel to it, I don't get too hung up on high tech.

Mostly, I buy cheap cause the attrition rate is high. I leave em at my buddy's cabin down the road, and the kids are hard on stuff. I don't complain. A kid that's fishing is a kid that's not getting in trouble, usually. (I found plenty of ways to do both back in the day though!)

Latest posts