Now have 4 028's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GoRving

I don't know why, but it seems that every Stihl I find lately happens to be an 028. Got one yesterday from an old man who bought it new years ago. Even got the owner's manual, plus a bow and a 16" bar, files, wrenches, etc. Got it all for 100.00. He said it hadn't been run in 5 years, so I didn't think it would crank as easily as it did. I put fresh fuel in it, and it cranked up and ran good. Today, I put an 18" bar and new chain on it, and took it to the woods. It kinda lost power in the cut, and didn't run all that great(was sporadic). I think it's going to need a carb kit after all. The older 028 that had cost me so much in parts and stuff is now running great. I put 4 new AV bushings in that one, a new coil, new chain, and finally a carb kit. I did put one of the 4 028's on fee-bay the other day. Gonna keep 3.

I feel your pain. In the last few months I have had 6 028 Stihl's. 3 runners and 3 non-runners.

Hey man keep getting them old 028's they are great small saws. One of the best sellers for years. I got one that's 36 yrs. old and Stihl digging. If you get any running or not keep me in mind.

I feel your pain. In the last few months I have had 6 028 Stihl's. 3 runners and 3 non-runners.

Thanks to old Oscar, I now have 4 028 runners!
To be honest, one was just built from worn-out junk/broken parts, just to see if it woulds work...It runs just as good as the others, just louder (piston slap)!
I love those things!
Jim

Hey Oscar, Did you try the jam?

Thanks for the posts. The 028 is just plain fun to run. It is a well-balanced, good performing saw.

Everyone loves a good ol' 028 sooner or later!

stihl028wb.jpg

Back