Now I'm an Echo CS-440 owner. Anything I should know?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, you're not gonna get my new saw that easily. I'm starting to like it.

Definitely need to yank the limiter caps, though. It stumbles until it's fully warmed up.
I've found that Echo and Stihl share one thing in common. The carb settings have to be on the nose for optimal performance, and they both need testing under load. Sensitive critters, but once adjusted, they seldom need changing. The Stihl seems to reach equilibrium a bit faster on warm up. Both are well engineered, but Stihl costs about half again more.

I would still rate your bargain as the best I have seen this year for a saw of this size.

I've found that Echo and Stihl share one thing in common. The carb settings have to be on the nose for optimal performance, and they both need testing under load. Sensitive critters, but once adjusted, they seldom need changing. The Stihl seems to reach equilibrium a bit faster on warm up. Both are well engineered, but Stihl costs about half again more.

I would still rate your bargain as the best I have seen this year for a saw of this size.

Got the stop tabs trimmed off on Thursday. If I wasn't puking with a fever today I'd be out cutting wood with the new toy.

Very nice looking saw, I think it will serve you well. BTW, LOVE THAT 111S!

Thanks. Good limbing saw.

Echo's

All that I can add: Your saw looks like it was hardly used, real nice condition.

I have never had an engine failure with an Echo saw.

Latest posts

Back