Now THIS is a splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huge, but why would you want to split 9' logs, then deal with 9' pieces [weight?] that need to be cut to length? It just seems backwards to me. I guess for fence posts and rails it would work great -

How does the seller figure its worth 12,000??? Oh let me guess this is another no reserve auction LOLOLOL. They just happen to start it at the final price they want which seems waaaaay high to me. Can you imagine the lising fees! Epay's gotta love when people list items like that that have no chance of selling but they still make out when thay start out such a high price.

Last edited:
How does the seller figure its worth 12,000??? Oh let me guess this is another no reserve auction LOLOLOL. They just happen to start it at the final price they want which seems waaaaay high to me. Can you imagine the lising fees! Epay's gotta love when people list items like that that have no chance of selling but they still make out when thay start out such a high price.

The Timberwolf TW 10 log splitter sells for $45,000 - $52,000 depending on options, If you don't want to spend $12K on a used one give me a call I'll sell you a new one........

Scott

I've got a real hard time believing there is much of a market out there for a splitter like that new or used. Sure TW offers a unit like that but how many have they actually sold?

I've got a real hard time believing there is much of a market out there for a splitter like that new or used. Sure TW offers a unit like that but how many have they actually sold?

Personally I have sold 1 to a tree service company, and I can fnd out how many they have sold........

Scott

There is a lot of money in the firewood business in some markets.

If the market didn't exist they wouldn't have invested in the R & D and tooling to manufacture. Believe what you want though.:)

market

If the market didn't exist they wouldn't have invested in the R & D and tooling to manufacture. Believe what you want though.:)

The market is in the BIG butt logs, to large to cut with a 20 in or so bar, Most contractors dont want to mess with them even with there looong bars,.. especially the town trees that have a hundred year or so history of nails being left in them from all the postings, once the butt log is quartered its much eaiser to manage, and a real waist to let rot,.your gona need a real loader to put that log on that splitter, cabinman

Less than 40 cords of hardwood at the going price for split wood in my area would buy that splitter. Bring it out in log length, load onto the splitter and cut to 16" at the end of the splitter.

my buddy Tom's is bigger:jawdrop:
weighs 43,800# 135HP Cummins 60 GPM pump at 4000 PSI makes 75 tons

Holy crap! looks like something Tim Allen would use...
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back