Nwp aftermarket parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4btchevy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Im getting a well used 371xp that needs some attention, big bore kit, clutch cover etc, was just wondering what you guys thought of the aftermarket parts from baileys mainly nwp and the big bore kit they sell (52mm) and i also was thinking about putting the heavy duty air filter setup on it, any info would be great, thank you

That is a good question, and I wanna know myself. I see all those parts in Bailys. I wonder to if they are any good, and I am curious what people have to say.

I have 2 NWP parts on my 660. Over sized sprocket cover & handle bar.

The sprocket cover is made of same material & is shaped exactly the same as my original Stihl cover less the name badge, IMO it's a great value.

NWP handle bar has lesser clearance for your gloved hand than the original Stihl handle bar by at least 1/4 inch. My gloved left hand is now constantly rubbing the top engine cover while cutting. Needless to say the vibration can be felt at all times, not a big deal but something to keep in mind if you have large hands.

Im getting a well used 371xp that needs some attention, big bore kit, clutch cover etc, was just wondering what you guys thought of the aftermarket parts from baileys mainly nwp and the big bore kit they sell (52mm) and i also was thinking about putting the heavy duty air filter setup on it, any info would be great, thank you

I've used alot of the aftermarket parts with very good success.
Mufflers for 371/2's and 394/5's, clutch covers for both etc are excellent a 394 clutch. The handle bar I fitted to the 365 isn't quite up to the OEM though. The last NWP 371/2 BB kit I bought from Bailey's was a shocker but Gregg Grande from Bailey's replaced that one with a vastly improved kit that still needs a little to fit. I've fitted various BB kits, 371/2's, 394,5's, 181/288 etc. Do a little work to the 371/2 kits and they make one awesome running saw.

I have had good experiences with the NWP products. The gasket sets are a nice valur, the top ends I have used were great. Used a few clutch covers as well. I did have to countersink the holes on a clutch cover to fit the new style Stihl bar studs but that was no big deal. Nice product at a very good price.

aussie1 with the 371s do you change them over to the heavy duty filter setups like the 372s, and with the big bore kits do you usually have to clean up the ports edges were they meet the cylinder, or do you just hone the new cylinder a little, thank you for all your inputs, this is my first saw build and im very excited, im used to building big diesel engines but i think this will be fun

aussie1 with the 371s do you change them over to the heavy duty filter setups like the 372s, and with the big bore kits do you usually have to clean up the ports edges were they meet the cylinder, or do you just hone the new cylinder a little, thank you for all your inputs, this is my first saw build and im very excited, im used to building big diesel engines but i think this will be fun

If your happy with the current filter setup, run that.

Usually you don't have to touch the ports at the cyl, unless you are porting of course. Inspection is a must though to make sure all is in order. No don't hone. Leave the base gasket out and measure the squish and do a muffler mod and you'll have a nice running saw. It's endless what you can do with these and can be made into some strong runners.

how r u measuring the 18 to 19 thou, i was also thinking about porting this cylinder going by your 371 map, im assuming its a woods port

Can anyone comment on the quality of the NWP HD Husqvarna air filter? My 372 XPW is in need of a new filter and it currently has the OEM HD filter. Big difference in price between the NWP HD filter and the OEM HD filter......comments?

NWP 044 stihl repop

I've done several 044 nwp top end replacements and they are still holding up, and one 066 top end.

good stuff just used new gaskets.

Latest posts

Back