oak wilt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbiv

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok the search didn't really pull up much about this.
Oak wilt- kills trees, apparently highly contagious...
What can be done besides tree removal to help protect oaks?
Is there a particular kind of oak that is resistent to this?. Any help would be appreciated, before I'm left with nothing but my stupid mesquite!!!!

From the Forest Service, this will answer the specific questions you asked: How to Identify, Prevent, and Control Oak Wilt

Bottom line is that you have to be aggressive and willing to invest in doing it right - or don't do it at all.

But first, make sure you have the actual disease: How to Collect Field Samples and Identify the Oak Wilt Fungus in the Laboratory It is worth paying the lab to have it confirmed.

Rainbow also has some literature about using Alamo to control oak wilt. Treatment is not cheap and should NOT be expected to "heal" an infected and dying tree.

Oaks in the red group are at higher risk than those in the white group.
White will fight, Red are dead.

ATH and Zac are correct Rainbow guys are great, but for explanation on oak wilt we have a small to the point protocol on oak wilt that won't put you to sleep let me know and I can send it to you

I could probably used that. Found some stuff on the Texas FS website. thanks

Back