Odd question... Where do loggers use the bathroom?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a link to a good training manual. It is for crosscut saws but the discussion and lessons about tensions and such are the same for any saw. You are already ahead of the game if you are NOT bucking trees that you feel uncomfortable about. Remember, you are a volunteer and do not have to do anything.

Here's the link. https://www.fs.usda.gov/t-d/pubs/htmlpubs/htm04232822/toc.htm
Out-standing submission! Print the works, make it a catalogue, and leave in the OH
Imagine sitting there, door open, watching the sun come up, and reading about tooth kerf.

Ummm, in the woods. And a lot of guys fail to dig a hole and just lay toilet paper on top. I once told a crew where their missing tools were by using their poop locations as how to get there.

One chaser kept pooping on the old landings which made things icky for me when going down to check on utilization. Finally, one day the crew including the boss had to make a run off the working landing to the old landing and the chaser was told to clean up his toilet habits.

It all degrades quickly in the temperate rain forest.

Needless to say, it is not as disgusting as some of the popular hiking areas I've been in.
Those hikers and bikers need to lay off the caffiene. Taking a dump on a bike ride? Thats disgusting. 3 words. Creme Of Wheat.

Kinda funny cursive was mentioned. Think it was my sophomore year, first day of Grammer 2, teacher walks In and promptly tells us we're no longer to use cursive. Collages want students to have legible print. That was like learing how to write all over again. My handwriting is terrible either way.

Hopefully loggers don't use a tree they are about to cut to lean against when pooping. Poop stinks last time I checked and it sticks to everything, including the bottom of your boots...

My mother was a proofreader. I also worked for an English major who went to the dark side--forestry and would hand back reports with corrections denoted in red pencil.

I do find it depressing to be on facebook and constantly see the troubles with words that should have been emphasized in school. There, their, they're, to, two, too, etc. And don't get me started on "Lightening" (Lightning). Ugh! Bring back the red pencils!

Public service announcement over.
Worrying about grammar on social media seems like the posterchild for wasting ones time.

Hopefully loggers don't use a tree they are about to cut to lean against when pooping. Poop stinks last time I checked and it sticks to everything, including the bottom of your boots...
the trick is to make sure its either off the sale entirely, or on someone else's strip
Though round here it rains enough after a few days you'd never even know there was poo everywhere

I do not log but first time I pooped in the woods was the morning after I drink heavy and slept the night in a tent on a mountain camping. Woke up hung over and had a pressing need to move my bowels. Managed to find a spot a few feet away with a fallen tree at the right height, sat and let it rip, and I could not believe how much shot out. In what seemed like seconds there were flies all about and and I had to use leaves to clean up. Learned that toilet paper is a necessity that day.

I look at it as uneducated, either voluntary or on purpose or just plain ignorant or a bit of all three.
I've never judged someone based on their level of education. I know some highly educated idiots, and a few high school dropouts that are extremely intelligent, and highly accomplished. Interestingly enough, the former are generally lacking in character where as the later are some of the finest people you could ever wish to meet.

I've never judged someone based on their level of education. I know some highly educated idiots, and a few high school dropouts that are extremely intelligent, and highly accomplished. Interestingly enough, the former are generally lacking in character where as the later are some of the finest people you could ever wish to meet.
It's not a level of education, it's the lack of a good base. Grade school stuff. But, I didn't mean to insult anyone, this is MY pet peeve. Everybody's got one.

Common facebook posts on the Lost Pets group has We Seen or I Seen a dog. That is used much more than We saw. (I now sigh and shake head.) Makes me think the local schools are not very good but some people would disagree.

Back to topic. On a fire, we worked alongside a hotshot crew that had a rule. No pooping inside the fireline. I guess it made for some very long walks but they were hotshots so it was embraced. They had some sadistic tendencies like trying to better their time each day going up a hill back to the trucks. Several were actually puking after that and their foreman was hollering at the rest to hurry up, on a 90 something degree day.

It's much better to be a relaxed mopshot. Ugh, I use too many commas.

It's not a level of education, it's the lack of a good base. Grade school stuff. But, I didn't mean to insult anyone, this is MY pet peeve. Everybody's got one.

Common facebook posts on the Lost Pets group has We Seen or I Seen a dog. That is used much more than We saw. (I now sigh and shake head.) Makes me think the local schools are not very good but some people would disagree.

Back to topic. On a fire, we worked alongside a hotshot crew that had a rule. No pooping inside the fireline. I guess it made for some very long walks but they were hotshots so it was embraced. They had some sadistic tendencies like trying to better their time each day going up a hill back to the trucks. Several were actually puking after that and their foreman was hollering at the rest to hurry up, on a 90 something degree day.

Slowp: mind if I correct an error you made?

I don't think it is correct to say "Everybody's got one". Shouldn't it be "Everybody has one." ?

I'm not a logger, but when I'm on a disaster site, out bird hunting, deer hunting, cutting firewood, or just out in the sticks in general, I carry a small roll of toilet paper (a little under 1/2 roll) with me in an ziplock bag (keeps it dry).

I don't think it is correct to say "Everybody's got one". Shouldn't it be "Everybody has one."

I don't think it is correct to say "Everybody's got one". Shouldn't it be "Everybody has one." ?
Of course! It all depends on how snooty of a mood one is in.

Here in the eastern woods, I find a big pooplar tree to go behind. Then one day after doing my business, I watched the land owners stumble upon a load left behind. You should have saw the look on their feces. Sorry, I will see myself out.

2Dogs gave me one of these delightful stickers. It went right on my tool box, where all good stickers go.

Funny when you have no shìt tickets or we also call it 'bush money', how all the logging shirts start out missing a cuff off a shirt then the another one. then the arms, then the pocket.
Came here looking for this comment, was not disappointed.

I once sacrificed my favorite bandana to the cause during a fire, because my truck was hundreds of yards away and it was go time NOW.

Back