OE Cylinder or Aftermarket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use acid to remove the aluminum, if the scoring is not to bad. If you do not want too spend the money on an oem piston, go with the meteor they are as good or maybe better than oem. Baileys has one for this saw as I recently got one for an 036 from them. If I would use an aftermarket cylinder, I would order a meteor piston to use in place of the aftermarket one.

Use acid to remove the aluminum, if the scoring is not to bad. If you do not want too spend the money on an oem piston, go with the meteor they are as good or maybe better than oem. Baileys has one for this saw as I recently got one for an 036 from them. If I would use an aftermarket cylinder, I would order a meteor piston to use in place of the aftermarket one.

Where are the Meteor p/c made?

The meteor pistons are made in Italy, I have used their replacements in snowmobile engines and they work better than most of the oem. Good quality. Also use a ball hone not emery cloth, on the cylinder.

Thanks for the answer.I was thinking that they were made in China.Glad to hear that an after market product is made somewhere other than China.

If you decide not to use OEM I can recommend TECOMEC piston cylinder assys.

They are close to OEM quality, made in Italy. No need to get a meteor piston with them.

Latest posts

Back