OEM Dolmar 7900 Kits?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are pics on the first page if you'd take time to look.......
i dont comment on a thread unless i have read the whole thing. yes there are pics of the cylinders but i didnt see pics of how the 7900 muffler matches up

If the 7900 muffler inlet is the same size on all sides as the 7900 cylinder outlet, then it looks to me like there would be no restriction when mounted on the 7910 cylinder. The bottom of the port seems to be at the same level on both while the top looks quite a bit higher on the 7900. The 7910 port really looks like it wants to be enlarged.

I wonder why they made that difference. Looks like they were making an effort to de-tune the 7910.

Cheers,
Glenn

Who Everything else is the same
If the 7900 muffler inlet is the same size on all sides as the 7900 cylinder outlet, then it looks to me like there would be no restriction when mounted on the 7910 cylinder. The bottom of the port seems to be at the same level on both while the top looks quite a bit higher on the 7900. The 7910 port really looks like it wants to be enlarged.

I wonder why they made that difference. Looks like they were making an effort to de-tune the 7910.

Cheers,
Glenn

I think you are confused. The 7910 exhaust port is actually bigger where the muffler bolts up. If you port match a 7900 muffler and gasket to a 7910 cylinder, you will have no gasket left up top.

Unless of course you use epoxy for filler on the roof and floor of the exhaust port:cool:

Who Everything else is the same

I think you are confused. The 7910 exhaust port is actually bigger where the muffler bolts up. If you port match a 7900 muffler and gasket to a 7910 cylinder, you will have no gasket left up top.

Unless of course you use epoxy for filler on the roof and floor of the exhaust port:cool:

I think I must be confused. I thought the 7900 was on the left. Looks to me like the left one has a bigger exhaust port. I didn't look closely at the muffler before. Now I don't see how that would mount to the cylinder on the right (7910?). I take it the 7910 muffler does not have that protrusion that inserts into the exhaust port?

Dazed and confused,
Glenn

Back