OEM pistons are the best? - Not so much

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meteor is at least as good if not better than OEM. And they have Caber Rings whereas the OEM pistons do not to my knowledge.
That’s simply not true. There’s nothing special about Meteor pistons or Caber rings. I’d rather run a good used piston and/or cylinder over anything aftermarket.

Guys, i am not saying OEM are not good pistons. I am just stating that those who wholeheartedly swear on OEM or nothing else may reconsider using a Meteor. Is it possible that Mahle and KS had a cheaper price when bidding on a contract for stihl and Husky as an OEM supplier? I know Meteor is OEM supplier for other 2 stroke engines such as moped and lawnmowers and such. And to be quite honest, If i still had a choice to use OEM vs Meteor, i would most likely choose OEM. However, as we all know, some OEM pistons are no longer available and therefore meteor would be my back up choice by far. This thread is to only show OEM fail from factory defects as well.

Latest posts

Back