OEM vs. AM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OEM or Aftermarket

• OEM

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Aftermarket

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Èxactly why?
Exactly why? Well, I didn't want to get political but since you asked: AM stuff generally means made in China and, although I've ordered AM stuff before, I prefer to not help China if I don't have to. Like Russia, Chinese people are probably an okay bunch but their leaders are despots...

You want it shiny and new or do you want it "original" at all cost, thats the difference of a "collector" or "user".
A user dont care for "original", he only cares for "best condition". No self pitty or glorification, just hard facts.
If you can't add anything constructive to this thread,move on please.

I’d aim for OEM on principle. I try not to buy Chinese things even if it costs more, even a lot more. Think USA made Danner boots vs Chinese copies, $350 vs $89.99. Wish that they didn’t have a corner on the tech stuff, I’d love for my next iPhone to be USA made.

You want it shiny and new or do you want it "original" at all cost, thats the difference of a "collector" or "user".
A user dont care for "original", he only cares for "best condition". No self pitty or glorification, just hard facts.
When I'm building a saw to sell I will try to use all OEM, if I can't then I tell the customer what AM parts it has. When I build a saw for meself then I will try to build with all OEM but will use AM parts.

unwrapped it and was no change. scrubbed it and dried it and re-coated and wrapped, will put it out in the morning
That suks. I dont do this myself because to me it just a chainsaw. But I understand why you guys that collect do it.

That stuff probably isnt all that strong % wise. I got some 35% hydrogen perioxide I bet make it white. It makes my fingers white and burn little when I get it on me. I'm suppose to wear gloves using it.

That suks. I dont do this myself because to me it just a chainsaw. But I understand why you guys that collect do it.

That stuff probably isnt all that strong % wise. I got some 35% hydrogen perioxide I bet make it white. It makes my fingers white and burn little when I get it on me. I'm suppose to wear gloves using it.
supposed to snow today,so no uv rays.may try blacklight one last time

Latest posts

Back