off subject need help finding engine analyzer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extraspecialman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
sorry for this post,but can anybody tell me what I need to hook a laptop computer up to a 2004 chevrolet truck for diagnostics?Im sure I need some special disc,any special adapters needed?Also if anybody has used 1,is it pretty thorough?Thanks for any help

Check ebay or maybe Summit Racing or Jegs for a usb to OBD-II connector and then software. I know it's available. It should be VERY thorough. I had just a programmer with a code scanner and there were hundreds of possible trouble codes - right down to every sensor. I'll do some checking and see if I can find a link to one. Are you needing it for diagnosis or for tuning?

sorry for this post,but can anybody tell me what I need to hook a laptop computer up to a 2004 chevrolet truck for diagnostics?Im sure I need some special disc,any special adapters needed?Also if anybody has used 1,is it pretty thorough?Thanks for any help

It's been years since I been under the hood of a pick-em-up truck, no help there.

But sounds like a cool way to brake into the loop.

I have set up PLC controls for alternate fuel vehicles (propane and NG) and had a lot of fun doing the final tweaking with laptops.

thanks for the reply.I would like to find one that does diagnostics and allows tuning too.Maybe thats askin to much.But mainly diagnostics.I know a couple guys that bought the performance chips that come with a tuner,but they werent to impressed with the tuner.They said they needed somethin with more options.I dont really want to break the bank here,but 3 or 4 trips to the local chevy dealer to hook up on his diagnostic machine cost well over $600,so I dont mind spendin a little more for a better system.Thanks again

Back