(off-topic) bug question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treegeek

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
any beetle freaks out there? i know this doesn't really go in the climbing forum but i thought more people would see it here. i found this gnarly big beetle and i'm trying to ID it. it's over an inch long, half an inch wide and round around the middle. black with 6 yellow stripes long-wise and has short clubbed antennae. when agitated (like some people i know) blows air out it's back end repeatedly that makes a "pfft" sound. anyone? ideas? can't seem to find him on the web after 2 hrs of scanning beetle photos. not an asian longhorn, not a colorado potato beetle.

attachment.php

biologist

maybe try to track down a coleopterist at you local uni, try the biology division,.

if you can take the beetle with you. it looks distinctive but there are some species that can only be accuratly ID'd to Species level by the direction their genetaila point.

jamie

looks like?

Looks like a potato beetle pics too fuzzy to tell.

dont know what it is, but glad you posted it here because the bugs dept is an important part of tree care. curious to see the answer.

Latest posts

Back