Off topic: Can't hold back much longer....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife'nHubby

Wife'nHubby

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ok, I know this is off topic to this forum but this is 'home' so here goes:

All you guys have been so nice to me since I joined the list and I asked real dummy questions and you all helped me anyway.

Way back last year I mentioned hubby was on the heart transplant list.... and...

We were blessed with a heart transplant in the last week.

We are so very, very humbled by this gift that I can't help but to tear up just thinking of the donor family. Our prayers, every day in every way, continue to go the donor and family.

Hubby is doing fine so far. Now we begin to travel that "Rejection Road" and pray there are not too many detours ahead of us.

Please... keep the donor family in your prayers.

Humbly yours,

Shari

pinemartin

pinemartin

tightwad
Very happy everything is going well and hope things stay that way. It is great that someones tragedy led to a blessing for you and your husband instead of a simple waste of human life. Life only gives out second chances once so live life to the fullest.... Best wishes for a full recovery. Pinemartin

dingeryote

dingeryote

Blueberry Baron
Prayers sent to your family and the Donors.

Keep the hubby off the skateboard and away from the woodpile untill the stitches heal..;)

I have trust the Heart will take, and you guys will be fine.

What a wonderfull gift.

Stay safe!
dingeryote

LarryTheCableGuy

LarryTheCableGuy

Addicted to ArboristSite
...We are so very, very humbled by this gift that I can't help but to tear up just thinking of the donor family. Our prayers, every day in every way, continue to go the donor and family...

Wow, that really, REALLY is a huge one to try and fully grasp, as it likely has to pull you in two opposite directions at once.

Our very best to you and yours...

Wife'nHubby

Wife'nHubby

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good news the heart likes its new home.

When does hubby get the travel distance restriction lifted?

We don't know that answer yet, wdchuck. Hubby has to stay close to home for a time yet because of clinic appointments and various medical biopsies.

Cute story about kids understanding: One of our sons was explaining to his 3 yr. old what is going on with Grampa (no more drive lines powering the mechanical heart, no more bandages on his tummy, no more batteries, etc.). The little one put 2 and 2 together and said, "Then Grandpa can go swimming with me next year!" :) (smart kid! Takes after her Grandma!) Now their other little one, 2 yrs. old is walking around the house all day with her life jacket on saying "Poppa, now? Poppa now?" :) She's had her life jacket on for at least 4 days now and refuses to take it off! :)

Shari

Wife'nHubby

Wife'nHubby

Addicted to ArboristSite
Our prayers to your family and the donors. To give the gift of life in their time of sadness makes them very special people.

Yes, so very, very true. It is hard to accept this gift without thinking so much of the donor and their family. We understand the 'why' of anonymity in the donor system but it sure makes it hard to truly express the deep thanks for the gift we have been blessed with.

Shari