Oh no....I think I just cut up tax exempt wood...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benp

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
It was dyed red.......

15eb312d.jpg

db020a1e.jpg

6174e9b9.jpg

All funning aside, anyone have any idea what kind of tree this is?

I have never seen anything like this.

The red noodles made me want chicken tortilla soup though......

Thanks guys... There was no smell to it and I split it with a saw....

Smell like a wet horse stall that hasn't been cleaned in two weeks?

Boxelder.
And thank you for murdering that nasty damn thing!

The only reason to burn 'em is spite, and your neighbors wont be happy when you do.
"Stink" is the nasty things only charm.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Interesting. Thanks!!!

There was no smell to it. The paper birch and red oak were more aromatic that I cut today.

thats a boxelder for sure. junk wood unless you can get it dry. i heat my shop with it cuz it burns fast. heavy as heck when green and almost no weight at all dry

Interesting. Thanks!!!

There was no smell to it. The paper birch and red oak were more aromatic that I cut today.

Cut that crap when the sap starts running in April sometime. Stench is the appropriate word.
Throw some of the bark and small splits on the brush fire, and see if it dosn't remind you of a trash fire after a flood.

LOL!!
The Red sap coming off the saw and on the snow, has fooled me into looking for something dead a couple times.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I talked to the neighbor this morning and he said it came from a yard in town from storm clean up.

So, there thankfully isnt going to be too much of it at all.

I looked it up on the BTU reference link and it's only better than the random Basswood I find in the piles every now and then. Even the Norway is better than it...lol.

Anyways, thanks again. The colors just threw me...

Back