Ohio GTG - Spring Fling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This an early heads up so you can begin getting your stuff ready. The following is from Kevin(Cut4Fun).

"Just thought I would let some of you guys know that sometime between April-June there will be a chainsaw GTG in N. Central Ohio at either my place or a friends. We will be cutting Poplar cants 8x8 and 10x10 for timed cuts in different classes of saws. Other wood types in rounds will be on hand to test and run saws on too.

Just letting you guys know ahead of time, so some of you that was asking what a GTG was can get some sharp chains ready and get the saws readied.

We would run a few classes, take a break for lunch, and run some more classes. Its all for just for fun and a little bragging till the next GTG's.

It also gives people a chance to run saws that they have never ran before and see if they like them before going out and purchasing.

If a few alkys show up (not the beer type alkys) it would be nice to show the newer guys what it is really all about. We can have alky classes if enough are there.

Will update down the road."

Some 3ft. wood would be great.

That area is like home away from home for me... Been to the Mid-Ohio sports car course like 20 times...

Last edited:
Do you have a list for people wanting to attend if so count me in as I could not make the last one.

From Kevin.

Tentative GAS classes. This is to help out the racer guys with practice gas saws, since i would like this to be a more racer orientated gtg.
Alky classes would be the norm, 3 cube- open stock appearing and piped, if any show up to put on a show for the guys.

Usual classes are
0-50
0-60
0-80
0-100
100+, piped same way, BUT being racer orientated and would like the faster gas practice saws to show up, (which puts my 56.5cc at a disadvantage in the 0-65cc class, so NO I am not doing this in my favor, if anyone was wanting to cry foul here .

But to get the new 346's and 5100's in too. Lets try these classes maybe. Can be changed to fit saws later, since this is just for fun and I really dont give a rip, just want to cut some cookies .

0-51
0-65
0-81
0-100
100+
and piped gas same way.
Alky 3, 4, 5, 6, open, stock appearing, piped.

How about April 19th? This is only a feeler at this point to see how it fits into everyones schedule. People from WV,PA,IN,KY,MI,OH,NY, etc, are inquiring, so it might get tough to fit everyones schedule.

Back