ok,, call me stupid and ignorant and kick me in the sack

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
was having problems with my 346xp idling after a cut,,, it would idle perfect for about 5 seconds then start loading up,, try to throttle down and it would fall on its face,, the way it was acting it was way to rich on the low side,, so a while ago I went out since it was cold,, choked it,, fired right up,, pushed the choke in between 1/4 and 1/2 out,,,, turned the low side in then it bottomed,,, well crap,,, went through my mind that I will need to pull the carb apart,,, well grabbed the tack and couldn't get it past 12000,,, double crap,,,, then all of a sudden the light went off in my feeble little brain,,,DDDDDDDDDUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I am a stupid idiot,,,,, I pushed the choke all the way in,,,, I am an idiot,,,, well I restarted it and the low side adjusted great,, lean it out and it started to die,, richen it up and blipped the throttle and It spooled right up,,, high side hit 146000,,,oooppssss,,, richened it to 13900,,,, it spools right up and comes down to idle like it should,,,, I had the low side to rich,,, morol to this story,,,,,,,,, make sure your choke is completely off before you try to adjust carb,,, ok,, let the sack kicking begin

Man vegetable kickin' aside....I bet half the will want to do some kickin' have done it themselves.....

Scott (itz cool, don't do it again) B

Glad you got it figured out. I have an erratic idle problem on a Stihl 039. Sometimes it's perfect and sometimes it'll quit almost right away when you let off the throttle. I'm going to scrounge around and see if I have another carb and try that first and then go from there. The high end is fine, four strokes and so forth. Just seems to be an idle issue.

Tuning on a new filter will do something similar. Just add a little dust after a few hours of use and it's kind of like pulling the choke. I wouldn't know who would have done that ;) but I've got it dialed back in now.

I was tuning my 346xp one day just tweaking it a little without load and it just flat out died. I about shat my pants so i pulled the muffler thinking i somehow smoked the piston and it was nice and shiny as was the cylinder walls. Yup it ran out of gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has an unlimited coil and is only muff modded but it runs good at 14k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the fetish you pervies have with kicking each other in the sack? Every other thread somebody wants to kick somebody in the sack,,,especially Randy. I would stay clear of all GTGs for awhile if I were you. You have already been had once. Last I recall, it hurts,,,,a lot. I guess all this cold weather makes a man not think right? The sun better come out soon.

Don't feel bad. Picked up a 2171 a few weeks ago. Bought a new $80 bar and a new chain. Noticed a little oil in the tank when it ran out of gas. So I opened the oiler up a hair. Was noodling some large rounds when I noticed the chain seemed to be getting tight. Figured the noodles were gumming up the sprocket. After about another minute, seen smoke coming off the bar. Yep, ran out of oil, and blackened the tip slightly. Had to pry the end of the bar open to free it up. Last time out, bar is squeezing shut again.

Back