OK McCulloholics, what is it???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know it's not an axe:monkey:.

I bought it and the seller didn't know other than that it was a 700 series to which I agreed.

Got it here today and started poking around. Made a so-so 140psi (decomp may not have been closed all the way) and good spark.

Cleaned the filter cover a little and it might say 795... I'm not sure how badly my eyes were willing it to read 797... This is where you guys come in.

Help me out.

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

Not a clue

I was wondering about the starter being on the "wrong" side, but other than that I don't know much. Probably get Mark or some of the other Mac guys to respond with some real knowledge. JR

I seem to remember an oddball kart block with a 636XX block

But I could be thinking of the MC90 with memory dyslexia.

the 90 was 639XX

Well it's definately not a 797
My 797's have the 66251 number on
the block.
I think yours is a 790 or 795 but i don't
think the 790's ever had a decomp. Only
the 797's and later 795's had decomp.
You can also measure the bore and stroke
to see if it's a 103cc or 123cc
My guess is 795 at 103cc saw.

Lee

It's the fan housing/flywheel cover. The non-super series engines have a different shape to the fan housing. There's a number of other differences as well but the fan housing is the easiest way to tell.

I was referring to the flywheel side cover.. Far as I know the Covers will not interchange between the SuperSeries motors(Mc75,Mc100,Mc101, etc.. ) and the 90 series( Mc7, 91B,92,93 etc.)

I believe they use a different pattern where they fasten to the Engine side cover that houses the point/condenser..

Rick

So doe's this mean a 795 or 797 has a
different cover than the super 797.
I thought all these series saws had the
same cover. Maybe i'm wrong.

Lee

Superseries is just a term that is used to describe the motors chassis(External demensions).. Kind of like a Small Block Chevy encompasses everything from 267cid up to 400cid..

The Kart engines were broken up into 90 series and Super Series.. These engine chassis also included many of the saw motors that shared the Kart motor Lineage...

For instance the 1-43, 250 saws were in the same lineage motorwise as the Mc91B engine .. IF you ntice the Flywheel cover has a large raise ridge running towards the Spark plug boot cover.. Whereas the CP/SP125 has the smooth curved cover with not ridge(Thought some did have the felling sight line)..

Rick

The 795, 797, and 797 Super are all considered super series engines. Take a look at the fan housing/flywheel cover for a 1-43 or a 250 and that's what a non super series engine cover looks like.

I always thought it was the size of the motor.
The 1-43 and 250's are 87cc's where as the
795 797 are 103 and 123cc

I learned something today.

Thanks Lee

I see Rick, But that cover is still different
than the 795, 797 cover. Thanks for the pic's.

I just did some digging in my IPL's
the 63629 block number was used in the
1966 model 895 saw and they shared the
same motor as the direct drives so i would
say his saw is definately a 795. I just didn't
think Mac used the decomp on the early saws
except all 797's.

Lee

Latest posts

Back