ok, what did I get?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the 041 is 44 mm and the 041 Super is 48 mm so according to your measurement it rules them out.
Click on the link below, it will take you to Mike Acres site where a lot of Stihl chainsaws are posted,
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/GasbyManufacturer?OpenView&Start=124.51&Count=30&CollapseView

041 AV

Well the 041 is 44 mm and the 041 Super is 48 mm so according to your measurement it rules them out.
Click on the link below, it will take you to Mike Acres site where a lot of Stihl chainsaws are posted,
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/GasbyManufacturer?OpenView&Start=124.51&Count=30&CollapseView

041 AV
I have to go with 041, it looks like the one above but has louvers over the muffler and a choke lever sticking up out of the filter cover.
My measurements may not have been accurate as the straw had a flat end in a round cyl. Thanks fer the help guys.

John

45 mm horizontal cylinder...032

Problem is, it does not have a true horizontal engine, more like a canted back engine but it is 45 mm and the muffler behind the clutch cover.

That series looks like a chop top '50 Mercury two door sedan to me..............................................................................

I have to go with 041, it looks like the one above but has louvers over the muffler and a choke lever sticking up out of the filter cover.
My measurements may not have been accurate as the straw had a flat end in a round cyl. Thanks fer the help guys.

John

There is quite a few variations of the covers on the 041AV saws ,maybe 5 - 6 diff top covers and clutch side covers that include louvered covers over the muffler.

It's an 041 av. Are u able to get pics?
I have pics on my fone but I have forgotten how to put them in the computer, I did it a couple of months ago but now I can't make it work

John

Attachments

• fone pics 023.jpg
    fone pics 023.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 77
  • fone pics 012.jpg
    fone pics 012.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 81
  • fone pics 013.jpg
    fone pics 013.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 87
  • fone pics 015.jpg
    fone pics 015.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 80
  • fone pics 018.jpg
    fone pics 018.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
  • fone pics 020.jpg
    fone pics 020.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
  • fone pics 021.jpg
    fone pics 021.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
There ya go guys I finaly posted pics with the wifes help, I finally saw the usb icon on my fone and dragged it down and there was the instructions.
Yeah I know I have too much background crap in the pics, I'll watch it next time.

John

Now lets find out how good you did...

Are the bolts that hold the cylinder down located at the bottom of the cylinder near the crankcase, or are there studs that run the entire length of the cylinder and has nuts at the top near the sparkplug?

Now lets find out how good you did...

Are the bolts that hold the cylinder down located at the bottom of the cylinder near the crankcase, or are there studs that run the entire length of the cylinder and has nuts at the top near the sparkplug?
I did not take it down any more than to get the muffler off but did not see any long bolts going topside, please explain.
Since this one has a rivited nameplate rather than cast in I'm guessing it is a later example.

John

If the bolts/screws that hold the cylinder on the crankcase just go through the cylinder base then its a regular 041AV but if the studs ran all the way up through the cylinder fins to the top of the cylinder and have nuts holding it down then it would be a 041 Super.

Back