Ok which one of you guys is....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
Well, wouldn't call it work, but...I had mixed up a new batch of fuel and thought I might have had a scosh too much oil in it. So I tried it in one of my cheap saws, dang it ran fast and sounded lean and chain wouldn't stop at idle. So cleaned the air filter out, cleaned the mud daubers out of the access to the screws boot, richened it up some, sounds fine, Plug looks OK, dark tan.

Working on my tailgate "shop" in the drizzle so that's all I did.

gulity1

gulity1

ArboristSite Guru
too funny !!

Funny how, like Im a clown and I amuse you How is this funny angelo?? Not funny at all, excuse while I go cry... No not really at all and I did find another wrap, Now I keep pulling the cord out of the recoil first time was I didn't have the recoil end wrapped with enough tail then I pulled the rope threw the handle twice, Think I got it now.

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
only thing saw related i did was mount a set of large spikes mike sent me on my brother's 365. he was happy for them. other then that i have a few projects awaiting parts. trying to clean out of projects at the moment. having no project saws on hand makes getting a new project saw way more awesome.

angelo c
Funny how, like Im a clown and I amuse you How is this funny angelo?? Not funny at all, excuse while I go cry... No not really at all and I did find another wrap, Now I keep pulling the cord out of the recoil first time was I didn't have the recoil end wrapped with enough tail then I pulled the rope threw the handle twice, Think I got it now.

Funny is that you lost a Full Wrap. !!!
thats a big "something" to lose...but I was on the phone with LoneWolf the other day and couldn't find a 200t...HTH can you lose a saw
mad scramble:
Me: Dang it I know there's at least three of them here
wolf: where?
Me: down here I left them here !
Wolf: where did you last see one ?
Me: right here on the workbench next to the.....oh there it is....

Must be getting old when you can't find a complete saw sitting ON YOUR workbench right in front of you...

that kind of funny !!!!

PS. Great Goodfellas link there !!

Chris-PA

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
OK, I did spend some time in the barn looking at what would be required to increase the compression on one of my Poulan clamshell engines. It looks to me like moving the crankshaft would really not be that hard with a "hoof rasp" and a Dremel. Ok, a big mill bastard file, but close enough. I'm trying to decide if I feel like trying it. Probably by February I'll be stir crazy enough to give it a shot.

angelo c
OK, I did spend some time in the barn looking at what would be required to increase the compression on one of my Poulan clamshell engines. It looks to me like moving the crankshaft would really not be that hard with a "hoof rasp" and a Dremel. Ok, a big mill bastard file, but close enough. I'm trying to decide if I feel like trying it. Probably by February I'll be stir crazy enough to give it a shot.

Hoof Rasp....isn't that Gypo Loggers favorite tool ???

angelo c

Poulan Clamshells
Hoof Rasps
Dremels
crankshafts.

Sounds like we got some fun Christmas Traditions out here ???

gulity1

gulity1

ArboristSite Guru
Well I suppose as long as the crank stays in the poulan clamshell and the dremel and hoof rasp aren't lost, Its a hell of start to something..sounds like debotchery is about to stat but no one can ever tell can they? And as far as Goodfellas, that's my wife and I's favorite movie probobly watch it tonight. Yeah I got a keeper she stacks wood too, life is good

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
I have about 6 or 8 torn apart on the bench, another couple under the bench and at least 10 on the shelf waiting on parts... that count for working on saws?

angelo c
Well I suppose as long as the crank stays in the poulan clamshell and the dremel and hoof rasp aren't lost, Its a hell of start to something..sounds like debotchery is about to stat but no one can ever tell can they? And as far as Goodfellas, that's my wife and I's favorite movie probobly watch it tonight. Yeah I got a keeper she stacks wood too, life is good

Blazing saddles and Johnny dangerously for us....oh and of course "the Godfather"

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
With how crap-stormed the shop is right now... yeah....

You neat freaks with peg hooks and shadows for each tool, labelled drawers, etc would have a stroke if you walked in here!

Right now if I threw a wrench it would probably take out 1/2 a dozen chainsaws, probably knock 100lbs of junk off a shelf and maybe wake up a dog and a few mice.

Yes. ......and pics would be more betterer

Chris-PA

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
With how crap-stormed the shop is right now... yeah....

You neat freaks with peg hooks and shadows for each tool, labelled drawers, etc would have a stroke if you walked in here!
Right now if I threw a wrench it would probably take out 1/2 a dozen chainsaws, probably knock 100lbs of junk off a shelf and maybe wake up a dog and a few mice.
Cool! I thought I was the only slob.

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Mostly a result of tryign to do 28hrs of work in a day. Cleaning isn't exactly high on the list! I'm not working today... well... I am still, but more just goofing off and trying to relax.

Can see a few on the shelf.. That's the cleanish part of the shop haha.

Attachments

• 20141224_143420.jpg
    20141224_143420.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts