Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need help with a 346xp. The on/off switch does not work. I am pulling the choke to kill it. I pulled the cover off tonight and notice there is a loose blue wire near the switch. Can somebody post a pic of where it goes? I will post in the chainsaw forum tomorrow if I don't hear anything from you guys. Thanks in advance.

the blue wire goes in to the kill switch. and when the switch is in the kill position touches a silver shorting bar that is grounded. is the wire bare or does it have connector on it.

It has a connection on it. I will take a look to see if I can tell what you are talking about. I know it has to be simple; the wire can't go too far.

the blue wire goes in to the kill switch. and when the switch is in the kill position touches a silver shorting bar that is grounded. is the wire bare or does it have connector on it.

You ever see those pictures that look like a bunch of red and green dots? If you stare at it long enough a 3-d picture appears. That is what it was like for me staring at the 346. There is only 1 square inch where the connection can go. How hard can it be right? Real hard for me, then BAM the spot appeared and it was plain as day. Fired it up and hit the kill switch...problem solved. Thanks for the help Kenneth.

You ever see those pictures that look like a bunch of red and green dots? If you stare at it long enough a 3-d picture appears. That is what it was like for me staring at the 346. There is only 1 square inch where the connection can go. How hard can it be right? Real hard for me, then BAM the spot appeared and it was plain as day. Fired it up and hit the kill switch...problem solved. Thanks for the help Kenneth.
you got a husky? I got a stihl....... things all mixed up :)

A stihl drill, as in an auger? What are your plans for these two? I'm planning some summer time fence work and might be in the market for one of these if you plan to flip them.
Well, I haven't really gotten that far, but flipping them is definitely part of the equation. The Stihl drill is basically for drilling holes into a post. I think when complete it should have like a 3/4" chuck. I know it's missing the starter housing at a minimum. Not sure what else is wrong with it. You have first dibs on it. I'll take a better look at them tomorrow night.

I wasn't much help. It would have been late this evening before I could get a picture. they are worth a thousand words.

Good morning all.

Good deal on a grinder for someone in the St Louis area.

Oregon, Chainsaw Sharpener -
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/tls/4907637946.html

Sent from my SM-N910V

I'll shoot Grassgorilla a message. He is in Kirkwood, not far from Pacific.

Morning midlanders!
Freakin cold here. Down to 42 in the garage.

Been trying to select a Remington to bring Saturday. SL-55, 82cc w/20"?

OK I got one for you husky jred heads. I have a 372 and a 2171 that are exhibiting the same symptoms. Both act like they have an electrical short after warming up at high rpms they kind of oscillate. Wont rev all the way out. Is this a common problem? I have changed kill switch checked all wires for shorts. Check and cleaned carbs can't find anything obvious....stumped at this point.

OK I got one for you husky jred heads. I have a 372 and a 2171 that are exhibiting the same symptoms. Both act like they have an electrical short after warming up at high rpms they kind of oscillate. Wont rev all the way out. Is this a common problem? I have changed kill switch checked all wires for shorts. Check and cleaned carbs can't find anything obvious....stumped at this point.

Popping and cracking exhaust note is the usual ignition miss symptom.
Known as 'shooting Ducks'.

Any back fires at all?
Swap a coil and see if that don't cure it.

Latest posts

Back