Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening, Kenneth. Heard some ladies in the grocery talking about more snow tonight, but the weather outlets aren't showing it. I stacked a couple days of dry wood beside the boiler and tarped it, just in case.

Yep. Cold weather should be winding down soon, hopefully. My wood pile isn't very symmetrical anymore, but I think I still have at least 2 cord....maybe just a touch less. Should be plenty to keep the chill out for the rest of the burn season.

:hi::drinkingcoffee: Morning everyone. Temp is up to 47 here already this morning, but there's a humid chill in the air. Guess it's the snow melting off.

I like the sound of an engine. I like to hear Bumblebee's straight pipes when I fire it up. I like the sound of a NASCAR running around the track. I like the sound of a Top Fueler coming off the line. I like the sound of a 2 cylinder John Deere. But I really like the sound of a 2 stroke, and the smell. I love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning.

I am a auto/heavy equipment mechanic so for me a small engine like a chainsaw is a welcome change to turning wrenches on the big stuff. I like the simplicity and convenience of tinkering with an old chainsaw. Making something broken run again is another satisfaction of working on these saws as well as any engine really.

A philosophical question here.
What is it about chainsaws, exactly, that we like them so much?
:reading:
Oh man....I'd have to say that I love all of those things too. But with chainsaws, I guess it's the fact that you get to hold all of that power right in the palm of your hands. That and just being out in the woods and enjoying the time spent with Mother Nature and my Pop's. I left for boot camp 20 days after graduation and I was away from Missouri and my Pop's for 25 years before I moved back home. 99% of the wood cutting that I do these days is with my Dad. We talk about all kinds of stuff that we missed out on while I was gone, even saws and stuff. The pace of life in mid-mo is 180 degrees out of whack with northern virginia, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I used to think that I'd never move back here and the slower pace of life. Now I know for certain that I'll never move back there or anywhere like it. This is where I belong, and you need a good saw (or four) to live here. Dad will be 66 this year, and I hope to get another 66 years of hard labor out of him while we cut some more firewood. :chainsaw:

I like the sound of an engine. I like to hear Bumblebee's straight pipes when I fire it up. I like the sound of a NASCAR running around the track. I like the sound of a Top Fueler coming off the line. I like the sound of a 2 cylinder John Deere. But I really like the sound of a 2 stroke, and the smell. I love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning.
How about a 4-stroke turning 2-stroke RPM?[emoji12]

Red Bull F1 Car Burnout !:

Sent from my SM-N910V

Back