Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am working on the SXL PIPE now, it is close to the same cc but stroke and stroke time is a factor, Lombard might be different and I don't have one to play with :( but I have lots of HOMIES.

Of the pipe, or the 101? I can get pics of the 101, but the pipe for it is only a bunch of numbers and drawings on paper! Getting them turned into a diffuser, baffle, and stinger may be the hard part.
And Matt's right, Reeders are just begging for a pipe!

I may be able to do a pipe for ya to Cobey, gonna try one on my MC101 first, should have it ready for the ft. Scott gtg.
i got to have you look at the CP70 the carb didnt make it better, i got to be missing something, that saw should be ok, has spark, compression, new fuel line, the other carb..
still acts like it gets no fuel :( runs until you try to load it

Of the pipe, or the 101? I can get pics of the 101, but the pipe for it is only a bunch of numbers and drawings on paper! Getting them turned into a diffuser, baffle, and stinger may be the hard part.
And Matt's right, Reeders are just begging for a pipe!
image.jpg This is the first pipe I put on a saw, I used a book Steve turned me onto and CAD-CAM to biuld it it. The saw used to groan at a 4" white oak limb but will rip through a 10" now like night and day just with the right pipe.

View attachment 409162 This is the guy I am put my next pipe on, just got a fresh piston. The pipe is designed to run 10% NITROMETHANE!
i got one them thats in pretty fair shape too :) a new piston is kinda rare isnt it? or is it just cylinders that are hard to find?
i got a XL104 that i needs a piston and cylinder for, its common for then to get case vacuum leaks, that toasts the Pand C

i got one them thats in pretty fair shape too :) a new piston is kinda rare isnt it? or is it just cylinders that are hard to find?
i got a XL104 that i needs a piston and cylinder for, its common for then to get case vacuum leaks, that toasts the Pand C

On early production XL-101 types with the three screw 'magneto backplate', the screws vibrate loose and they suck air. Homelite solved the problem with five screws licktited in on the later saws.

Latest posts

Back