Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e0adff27d4e3a6ed4a66a4ce29153186.jpg
I heard a Lil bang in muh machine.........

That looks like it's taken a little abuse before.

Evening gents. I have a serious case of the dumbs today. Well, it's been spread over a couple days now actually. I'm making real good progress on my first saw from the box. Somehow I lost a circlip for the first victim. Head to ebay find a listing that has a pic of 10 in a plastic stihl bag. Bought them, paid too much ($10), and got them today......all two of them. Went back and re-read the listing and the listing was indeed for two clips, but had a misleading pic. :angry: So that was dumb. Paid $10 for $0.70 worth of circlips if I had been patient and let the dealer order them for me. Kick self in tail and move on. Got a lot of the saw reassembled, and now want to vac test it. Got me some rubber to seal off the carb and exhaust and somehow lost every single exhaust bolt that I had. Guessing they're on a bench at work, but I won't be doing any vac testing tonight for sure without them. :dumb:

I think it's time for a beer. :happy:

Yep
Evening gents. I have a serious case of the dumbs today. Well, it's been spread over a couple days now actually. I'm making real good progress on my first saw from the box. Somehow I lost a circlip for the first victim. Head to ebay find a listing that has a pic of 10 in a plastic stihl bag. Bought them, paid too much ($10), and got them today......all two of them. Went back and re-read the listing and the listing was indeed for two clips, but had a misleading pic. :angry: So that was dumb. Paid $10 for $0.70 worth of circlips if I had been patient and let the dealer order them for me. Kick self in tail and move on. Got a lot of the saw reassembled, and now want to vac test it. Got me some rubber to seal off the carb and exhaust and somehow lost every single exhaust bolt that I had. Guessing they're on a bench at work, but I won't be doing any vac testing tonight for sure without them. :dumb:

I think it's time for a beer. :happy:
Yep, sometimes you get the bear. Sometimes the bear gets you.
Call it education and move on.

The other day I figured out I goofed bad......... the LGX chain that was on
The old 360 Homelite wasn't ...... it was one of my race chains :(
I stuffed it in a hard cherry log . I took it down to test another chain
And found out I broke a tooth. Tonight I took a tooth out of beat up lpx
Chain , worked it over, square filed it,and spun it in the race chain :) :) :)
I filed a couple teeth tonight...got some good angle on them..... practice practice :)

Latest posts

Back