Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first two above have been identified as MS460s and the last as 066/660.

We be on the fat end of the Stihl lineup but will have to invest heavily in piston/cylinder kits and plastic.

Got MS250 #3 running and cutting. #2 needs a new fuel line. Leaks at grommet.

20150501_203630.jpg

Can anyone offer advice on where this little bugger goes? I'm working on the oil pump/clutch side of the 026 and I didn't see it until it was time to put back together. Not seeing anyplace obvious that it goes. Stumped.

Got back from the field trip about 3:00 today. Had a great time. If you ever get a chance to go to the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial, go. Just recognized the 20 yr anniversary of the event. I have been several times. They really did it right. Get a tour by a Park Ranger so they can explain the symbolism of everything. Go through the museum and take your time to watch the videos/presentation. We had a big group so we qualified for a guest speaker (never done that before). The speaker is somebody who was there that day (EMT, fireman, policeman, survivor, family of victim, etc). We heard from a survivor; her story was unbelievable. She was a very good speaker with an equally impressive spirit about her. It was the highlight of the trip IMO.

On a sour note, I think I busted a seal on my splitter. Hydro was coming out of the front of the piston and it looked like I could see the seal sticking out. Any suggestions? I will be calling around on Monday to try to find a hydraulic repair shop.

On a sour note, I think I busted a seal on my splitter. Hydro was coming out of the front of the piston and it looked like I could see the seal sticking out. Any suggestions? I will be calling around on Monday to try to find a hydraulic repair shop.
Ouch...
That sucks...
Shouldn't be a huge bill, just an annoyance..

180 is hot.. But not blow your seals hot..
That is good to know. Any idea what causes it? Or, it just happens, like replacing tires, oil, and battery in the car? FWIW, my hydro temp was 180º when it went.

Just a freak thing I'd think..
Normally don't happen... I've done way worse, and your cylinder is higher end than mine..

Latest posts

Back